“My favorite Italian in downtown NYC”
Review of I Sodi

I Sodi
Ranked #918 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Bleecker & Hudson Streets
Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street/Sheridan Square.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Authemtic Tuscan menu. They use great ingredients (veggies, meats, cheese) and the pastas are our of this world (very creative use of fava beans...). Highly recommended, make sure you book a table at this very small location

There are newer reviews for I Sodi

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Unfortunately we couldn't get a table but they had seats at the bar. While we weren't thrilled about thought of sitting at the bar for dinner, we were so glad we stayed. Everything from the olives to the charcuterie to the bread (oh the bread) was just perfect. And then we had our meals. I'm normally a carnivore but the risotto just sounded so good. It was. It was as good as my mother-in-law's (though I hope she never reads this). Truly perfect and sooooo filling.

I hope I can get a table next time I'm there but regardless of where you sit, the meals here are just excellent.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you've had the good fortune to dine in in a fine restaurant in Italy, you know the difference between make believe and authentic. In NYC, too many restaurants are great at branding and PR, but haven't a clue about service or sophistication.

I Sodi is very different. The moment I entered I felt it. Proper linens and tableware, excellent Negronis, knowledgeable waitstaff and fabulous food. Its not overhyped or oversold, it's just like being in Milan or Florence or Rome and walking into your neighborhood resto where you know you will have a great meal and be treated like guest, not a wallet.

Enjoy.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

There is no way not to have a terrific meal here. The menu is small but there is a choice of everything. From Fresh Pastas, to Steak, To whole Bronzino or Cornish hen...everything is made to order. The sides of artichokes, Brussels sprouts, and peas are the perfect addition to this meal. Our Favorite!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This Divine Restaurant is a gem in the city! From the delicious artichoke salad, to perfectly prepared Pastas, Cornish Hen, Steak or Bronzino....Everything is Perfect. The sides of peas, Brussels sprouts , spinach etc are just perfectly prepared. It is a small restaurant to reservations a must but this is one not to be missed. Finally Fantastic Staff and Servers!