“Good”
Review of Madison & Vine

Madison & Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Madison & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,132 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 41st Street
Transit: 4, 5, 6 & S trains to Grand Central Terminal/42nd Street.
Description: Midtown's American Bistro and International Wine Bar offers a casually elegant atmosphere. Enjoy a complimentary Artisanal cheese plate with the purchase of a bottle of wine between 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Now Serving Brunch on Saturdays, 11:30 am. to 4 p.m. and Dinner on Sundays from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Toronto, Ontario
“Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food was good but I thought it would be a little more upscale. The mussels needed a more flavoural sauce-we found it them to be bland. The burger was good and the fish was ok. The fries were frozen which was a disappointment.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
New City, NY
“Food was great”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Ate there by myself on a beautiful spring day. They had all the windows open. Had made reservations and when I got there they had a really nice table out of the way against the window (although not the open ones). Appreciated this because so many places seem to put the first people in the crappy tables next to the kitchen door.

Had crab cakes for an appetizer - lots of crab and flavors were very good. Greens were excellent with it - very fresh. Scallops for the main which were perfectly done and very good.

Decent selection of wine by the glass - chose a petite syrah which was excellent although not cheap. Dessert was the chocolate mousse which was also good although I was expecting a more traditional French-style mousse but the smaller size is actually better.

Portions were not huge (which I actually prefer). That said, the appetizers were pretty pricey I thought. The mains were quite reasonable.

For my taste it was relatively noisy but not so loud that it would stop me from coming.

What I didn't like was that they were super fast serving both the appetizer and main - maybe it was because I was there by myself but I thought it felt a bit rushed. In contrast though they did not rush with dessert - didn't hurry to even bring me the dessert menu, although once I ordered, they brought out the dessert wine very quickly. They did NOT rush me out - I felt no pressure to leave.

• Visited May 2014
“Atmospheric grub”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, lots of noise and energy - so not for quiet chats or romantic encounters. The food is good - it's tasty and the service is quite quick. We stayed in the hotel (The Library) and popped into the restaurant a couple of times for lunch and enjoyed ourselves (as did many others as the place was packed).

Visited May 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“Got Judged as Soon as We Entered - Brutal Service - Bad Wine List”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Ok first of all if you're going to own a restaurant in NYC - a city that has over 50 million tourists a year, you probably shouldn't judge people for what their wearing as they could of been sight seeing all day before REALLY needing a glass of wine....

We got seated after getting the classic "once over" and after awhile the waiter came by to take our order. I wanted to order a bottle of wine for nearly $80 but their wine list wasn't updated at all. Bonsai35 said this in an earlier review and I completely agree with her:
"I cant stand when I go to a wine bar and they're out of half the stuff they have listed. it's a waste of my time. And if you're not going to update your wine list, then don't bother printing one".

Something laughable: When I asked for my THIRD wine selection to be decanted he said they didn't have one. Wow - great wine bar.... isn't that part of wine 101?

The food was good but we waited an unusually long time. The brutal service part? After the waiter took our order HE NEVER CAME BACK TO OUR TABLE. We were literally abandoned! I WISH I was kidding, the busser did more for us then the waiter and then some other waiter brought us the bill, we left promptly after that - obviously thought that we weren't going to tip. It's such a shame to assume that.

What a joke, go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank zorka3500
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Honest and delicious food”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The service and the food are unfailingly excellent! Madison & Vine is affiliated with The Library Hotel. You can choose! Join the happy hour crowd or after a busy day at work, they provide room service to the hotel. Win-Win!

Visited April 2014