“Oh So Good, Oh So New York”
Review of City Diner

City Diner
Ranked #2,836 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
New York City, New York
“Oh So Good, Oh So New York”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you want a true New York experience, then you will make a stop at the Upper West Side's City Diner and order some sort of (non-greasy) diner food (breakfast food all night) and then sit and relax and watch those crazy New Yorkers pass by. Best coffee, excellent service, busy but fun vibe. 2 thumbs up!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LouisaSilver

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Just How You Imagine a New York Diner To Be”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Art Deco, veneer panelled, old pictures of the city, vinyl seated booths at this lovely diner on the corner of 90th and Broadway. We only had breakfast here, but the choice is good, service fast, efficient and above all friendly. Food was very good; if you go on Sunday morning, there's a special brunch menu that adds extra variety to the normal menu, just how you imagine a New York diner to be...

Visited June 2012
Cambridge, MA
“Worth going out of your way - trust me”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My aunt used to live up the street from the City Diner. One time I went to visit her, got there late, and she had nothing left in the fridge. She'd already eaten and had to be at work early the next morning, so she sent me down to the City Diner. I was hooked, and I've been back there again and again over the years. They've got all kinds of dishes. I've gotten a lot of them, and they've all been really good. The service is quick and courteous, the feel is classic but not outdated. And you will have a hard time finding a better value for the total package. For those and plenty of other reasons, this might actually be my favorite restaurant in New York.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Squeegie
North Rustico, PE
“Good location & good food!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My daughter and I enjoyed a very delicious supper at City Diner. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The service was fast and the food was hot. The servings were huge!!! We couldn't eat everything on our plates. I would love to have been able to have a closer look at all the photographs on display. I look forward to enjoying another great meal at City Diner the next time I visit New York City.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Gennienut
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location, Fair Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Mediterranean platter was disappointing. My colleague had egg whites and turkey sausage and seemed satisfied.
The ambience was typical Diner.

Visited May 2012