“Wonderful dining experience!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown East
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for its expertly prepared steaks, which are dry-aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. See you soon.
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

I attended a business dinner with 6 others at the restaurant and evening was spectacular.
I arrived early and was treated great by the bar staff.
We then were shown to our table where Michael took care of us. His service was also superb. Our entire table was impressed by his skill and effort.
Finally the food was the only thing that overmatched the service. Coupling our steaks with an excellent bottle of Argentinian Malbec and shared sides, we all ate wonderfully!
PS The coconut cream pie was the perfect end the meal. Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank colonelsteve26
Write a reviewReviews (945)

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and daughters took me to the Capital Grille for my birthday dinner last night.

Where do I begin..... from the time we walked in until the time we left, we received fabulous service.

Upon arriving at our table, it was a great surprise that the table was decorated for my birthday with confetti hearts and a handwritten birthday card from the restaurant. It was so touching and thoughtful.

Then we were greeted by our waiter, Barry Swain. Barry was phenomenal. He immediately wished me a happy birthday and welcomed us to dinner. What I loved about Barry was that he was excellent with my children and took such good care making sure they were satisfied.

Barry made excellent suggestions and we decided on the cowboy tomahawk with the creamed spinach, mashed potatoes and lobster macaroni and cheese. The steak was like butter.... melted in our mouths. Actually, my mouth is watering as I am writing this. I want to eat it again right now!! The steak was so tender and the taste was delicious- the best I have ever had. The sides- well let’s just say that there was not one drop of food left. We cleaned the plates. The macaroni and cheese was superb. The creamed spinach and mashed potatoes were divine. I normally do not like when there is skin in my mashed potatoes but these were absolutely delicious.

We were so full and decided to pass on dessert because we had such a great meal. However, I was pleasantly surprised that Barry, instead of just bringing the check, brought over a birthday dessert plate and two glasses of champagne, all complimentary, to celebrate my birthday. Besides the surprise, it was so extremely thoughtful and such good customer service, on top of outstanding food!! Of course, even though we were so stuffed and I told Barry he would have to roll us out of the restaurant, we even devoured the delicious dessert!

I highly recommend the Capital Grille. They are top notch and I rate them in the top among the finest restaurants. I have been to many fine restaurants and this one is far superior. We are already planning our next visit back. It will be very soon.

Thank you Capital Grille and Barry for making my birthday dinner one of the best I have ever had.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019

felt like a queen
table was decorated to celebrate my birthday-a glass of champagne, and a wondeful dessert with a candle
fabulous service as usual but this time A+ by Michael our special server
lobster was outstanding
steak was outstanding
wish it was my birthday again next month
the restaurant was quiet enough that we could talk and not compete with others
all staff were so welcoming
go there!!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank shell555
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

The Capital Grill is my favorite restaurant for steak au poivre. I've always been pleased with the food and service. Definitely the best in Manhattan.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank CreamyPink
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I had a great pre-bday celebration here. From the appetizer to main course were absolutely perfect. The calamari and lobster/crab cake were delicious. Mouth watering steak was really recommendable. The staff were great and accomodation. Till next visit NYC

Date of visit: April 2019