“Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 14,431 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary at the The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center on April 26th, 2014, and we couldn't have been more pleased with this restaurant; the location, impeccable, friendly service, ambiance, quality of the food..... all perfect. Our waiter greeted our party with complimentary champagne and a hand written card wishing my husband and I a Happy Anniversary; and he was so very patient with our children as they made their food selections. I would enthusiastically return to this restaurant any time and highly reccommend it to all my friends and colleauges.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The first thing I look for in a restaurant of this type is service, and it was very good. I went to this restaurant with a few of my colleagues. I had the demonico steak and others had salmon, and chicken cesar salads, along with the mash potatoes and steamed spinach. The mash was very good. Keep in mind that there are no sides that come with the meal. You must order the sides separately, which definitely adds to the final bill. Prior to the meal we had calamari and french onion soup. I didn't have the soup but was told that it was very good. The calamari wasn't my favorite but definitely good. The delmonico steak is delicious. Very well seasoned with some sort of balsamic vinaigrette that also has a mild sweet taste. The steak was huge and could definitely be shared. For dessert we all shared the coconut cream pie. I love traditional coconut cream pie. This was far from traditional and wasn't something I'd order again. All in all the service was good, the ambiance and the meal was very good. Not my favorite steak house but I left satisfied and full.

1  Thank Niecie718
Reviewed April 26, 2014

What to say ? Great service, perfect punctuality in managing the reservation, fantastic food. Excellent meat and the clam chowder super be, as well. Really THE restaurant which cannot be missed to enjoy great food in New York !!!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Professional but relaxed service, and great quality food from the type of menu that makes it hard to choose. We actually went twice during our stay - on a busy Friday night with reservations and as walk-ins on a Friday afternoon. The steaks are huge so we shared and we really recommend the mash. I have a very slight preference for the Las Vegas outpost of this chain but would definitely return here.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had not eaten here in a year and had forgotten what a great restaurant this is. The maitre d', Ryan, was professional and cheerful, he and his colleague made you feel welcome as soon as you walked in the door. Reservations are a must, this restaurant is very popular, especially with business people for lunch - it was basically packed by one pm.

This was a lunch with friends. We had a table in the section with the windows that is on the North side of 42 nd street. It is all light and space, white, silver, gray, quite modern but warm and comforting. The interior seats and the bar are more a traditional but updated steak house, warm wood, the occasional deer head plaque on the wall and other sporting motif decorations.

Our waiter was professional and pleasant and the service was unobtrusive and fast. We were there at noon and my friends had to leave at one which we told Tony as soon as we sat down. Throughout the meal we were attended to quickly and quietly and it wasn't until the meal was over that you realized that this is what service should be, you are not even aware that it is happening.

The bread was fresh, warm and delicious, we were served a basket of rolls and a flatbread and one of us commented how important fresh bread is to be able to enjoy a meal and how this basket filled the bill perfectly. One of our party had the lobster bisque, which was perfect. I had the special of crab meat and shrimp on ice with two sauces, perfect, fresh, really as if it was just caught, seafood. We all had the Oscar, filet mignon with crabmeat on top and it was just delicious - each of us had it cooked to a different degree and that is exactly what we were served. We just had time for a cuppa Joe and were able to walk out by one pm on the dot. The tab for the three of us was 184 bucks without tip.

We will be back soon!