“Revisiting an old fave - not the same anymore”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Because we so enjoyed the signature cheeseburger sampled during last Restaurant Week, we came back again. I was tempted by the new addition to the lunch entree menu a dry aged sirloin.

So that was what I ordered. It was really a sirloin salad as it came with a large side of arugula salad. Everything else on the menu items looked the same as from my previous visit from the table bread, the clam chowder, the field greens, the Ceasar salad to the dessert.

I'd forgotten how much I didn't enjoy the flourless espresso chocolate cake the first time and ordered it again, unfortunately.

The lemon sorbet and vanilla ice cream were very good. The sorbet was half melted by the time it reached our table.

Since I didn't try the signature cheeseburger this time, my friends did, they tell me it's not the same. It used to taste better. Perhaps the novelty wore off or perhaps it really doesn't taste the same anymore. Not quite sure.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed dining at here during a trip to NYC and took advantage of the Capital Grille's Generous Pour wine event as well as special menu pricing during NYC restaurant week (which lasts almost a month). The Kona crusted sirloin was one of the best steaks I have enjoyed, cooked exactly to my requested rare level of doneness and fork tender. The wines that are a part of the GP event are outstanding. I especially enjoyed the Atalon Cab. For dessert, I had the crème brûlée, my wife the flourless chocolate cake, both were delicious. Service was great and Scott took pains to ensure our satisfaction. This location, in the Chrysler Building, is especially impressive. The meal, combined with restaurant week and the Capital Grille's Generous Pour event, provided a great bang for the buck in a city not known for bargain dining.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

When an out of town client invited me for lunch, TCG was a logical choice. My client was impressed with the decor and, like me, loved the meal. In my online reservation I asked for "a quiet table" and sure enough we were quickly seated in a lovely back room of about 8 tables.

Our server, Lisa, greeted us by name and gave us incredible service... Efficient but unobtrusive.

Within minutes of my departure, the front desk called to tell my my client had left her credit card. I was able to look like a hero by warning her before she left town. Very impressive.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Good choice on the menu. Went there for an early business dinner. The staff was very accommodating and seating was nice. Salmon was pretty good.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service was excellent, attentive and informative but not at all annoying.
I had the tuna and we shared the truffle fries, a must! we also had the green beans all dishes were amazing! Then we shared the cocnut cream pie, not what I expected it was so much more and sooo good!