“Large steaks, excellent service”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Place is huge and very nicely decorated. Liked very much the space and high ceiling.
Waiters are very professional, polite, and efficient.
If you are not very hungry - most steaks will satisfy a couple.
Prices are high if you compare it to a regular good steakhouse, but this is not a common steakhouse - it's much more fancy and you go there for more than just to dine.
The only thing we did not like was the attitude of our waiter when we complained about the wine.
The wine was actually fine but was 2 years younger than the one we ordered.
Unfortunately we discovered it after we almost finished drinking it. We did not like the answer of the waiter who said the wines change from time to time while such changes do not appear on the wine list. We insisted that he should tell us before but he kept saying it really does not matter.
To his credit we can say he did his best very politely to convince us but he didn't, and did not even apologize for it.
This left us with a most unconvenient feeling and almost caused us to change the overall rating to average.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent meal in relaxed surroundings with attentive & professional service. Tuna steak & filet mignon cooked & seasoned to perfection. Definitively worth a visit!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

3rd time here and consistently good for business dinners. Party of 12 handled superbly from a service standpoint with multiple servers handling various aspects and food delivery timed well.
Overall, everyone was pleased with their meal - had both steak, fish and lobster at the table. Prices are high even for New York including the wine list.
Atmosphere is elegant without being too stuffy. The lighting is a little dim at some tables making it hard to see the food from time to time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the steakhouse alone because someone had gotten me a gift certificate to the Olive Garden. They have the same parent company so I was able to use the gift certificate at the steakhouse. I understand that you are thinking of what I have could done to someone to get me a gift certificate to the Olive Garden. . .

When I arrived they asked if I would sit at the bar because I was solo. I should have known right there. Sat at the bar. The place was not crowded. About 10 minutes until I was greeted by someone at the bar. Ordered a drink. Five more minutes for a menu. Ordered a steak. It was $50. It arrived. No utensils. I wondered why everyone else seemed to have bread. I asked for utinsils. I was given them. I did not ask for bread. I was not given any.

As I sat there, eating my steak that was very fatty, I wondered why my drink sat empty in front of me. I wondered why no one asked me if I wanted another martini.

It was about $70. Twenty five was covered by the gift certificate. It was still a rob. I should have used the gift certificate for the Olive Garden, at least I would have felt like family.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everything was great, the ambience, the food (filet mognon and the salmon)... you must try the truffled fries. good service, and really chic!!!