“Good Business Dinner”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed April 8, 2013

3rd time here and consistently good for business dinners. Party of 12 handled superbly from a service standpoint with multiple servers handling various aspects and food delivery timed well.
Overall, everyone was pleased with their meal - had both steak, fish and lobster at the table. Prices are high even for New York including the wine list.
Atmosphere is elegant without being too stuffy. The lighting is a little dim at some tables making it hard to see the food from time to time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the steakhouse alone because someone had gotten me a gift certificate to the Olive Garden. They have the same parent company so I was able to use the gift certificate at the steakhouse. I understand that you are thinking of what I have could done to someone to get me a gift certificate to the Olive Garden. . .

When I arrived they asked if I would sit at the bar because I was solo. I should have known right there. Sat at the bar. The place was not crowded. About 10 minutes until I was greeted by someone at the bar. Ordered a drink. Five more minutes for a menu. Ordered a steak. It was $50. It arrived. No utensils. I wondered why everyone else seemed to have bread. I asked for utinsils. I was given them. I did not ask for bread. I was not given any.

As I sat there, eating my steak that was very fatty, I wondered why my drink sat empty in front of me. I wondered why no one asked me if I wanted another martini.

It was about $70. Twenty five was covered by the gift certificate. It was still a rob. I should have used the gift certificate for the Olive Garden, at least I would have felt like family.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Everything was great, the ambience, the food (filet mognon and the salmon)... you must try the truffled fries. good service, and really chic!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to the Capital Grille many,many times and it never fails to deliver quality service and very good food. The lobster salad and the lobster and crab cakes are particular favorites. The desserts are decadent, too. The service has always been impeccable. I could live without the gallery of large, austere portraits of noted New Yorkers, mostly men,of course, but there professionalism even trumps that feature.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved the food, every dish was delicious. The New England Clam Chowder to die for! They have a huge wine list and serve by the glass as well as bottle, you're actually better off ordering a bottle if there's more than 2 of you drinking wine.
The only think that wasn't that great was the noise. We had a big table close to the bar and it was really noisy, it was Friday night so I guess the people at the bar were really excited to start their weekend.