“Eh - Nothing special”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 13,639 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Eh - Nothing special”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The service was pretty good, the location is great, the deco of the place is cool, but the food is mediocre.

Had the seafood platter and the shrimp and lobster were overcooked, the oysters were pretty good though.

Had steak and it wasn't juicy or very tasty. I was really hoping to have a good steak here but unfortunately it was below average.

• Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
Cape May, New Jersey
“Very good”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We ate here for lunch and thought this place offered a great menu. The turkey burger was the best. I'm not sure if they're open for weekends but in would definitely do this for a business lunch.

Visited November 2012
LONDON
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went there for a birthday dinner, the restaurant wasn't too busy when we started. the waitress was very attentive, but food was just okay. starter's portion is too big, after finishing the starter, we can't finish our main. the steak we had is nice but too big. The dining area is too dark to eat.

• Visited October 2012
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Great cheesecake...awful service!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a late night spot for deserts & drinks near my hotel. The hostess said that the kitchen was closing soon & we couldn't eat at a table...only at the bar. So after waiting 10 mins at the bar without being greeted, I went back to the hostess. She asked me if I knew what I wanted to order, but I had never even seen the menu! I went back to the bar with the menu. The bartender had me shout out my order from the opposite end of bar instead of walking up to where I was sitting. Thankfully the cheesecake and the strawberry sauce was delicious but the service was awful even though it wasn't busy by any means. I would never eat here again. Poor treatment of paying customers!!

Greenwich CT
“Great food but so so noisy”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was for an "old girls" get together and I'm still not sure what the conversation was about. I had requested a quiet area and we were seated right next to the bar. Usually by 7 a bar will wind down..not this one! The food was outstanding. We shared the sea food appetizer as our main entree and it was more than enough. The cold lobster was a bit rubbery but the shrimp and oysters were divine. Would go again but not for any sort of intimate get together.

• Visited November 2012