“AWESOME FOOD AWESOME PRICES”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 13,689 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Branford, Connecticut
“AWESOME FOOD AWESOME PRICES”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have had the luck of dining several times at Capital Grille it's one of my favorite places to go. The service is always excellent, the staff knows the ins and out of the menu and can help with descision making

On this trip my main dish was the Filet Oscar (Filet topped with crab meat and bernaise sauce). My friend had a traditional 10 oz filet. The meat was wonderful as alway some of the best I've had. Our sides were Asaparagus and Potato Au Gratin (also simply wonderful) The meal was followed up by their wonderful desserts of cheescake for my friend and coconut cream pie for me.

The meal compared to other steak restaurants was very resonable. I've eaten at others in the city and spent more than $150 per person without liquor. We spent a total of $200 on the ENTIRE meal at Capital Grille.

I am a real foodie and I do not eat at chains unless I have to but Capital Grille is the only acception to this rule. Do yourself a favor and try it

1 Thank vaca_bound77

• Arabic first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Just had dessert”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Service was good, and the setting is beautiful. The cake was only average, but I didn't want to give too many demerits given that we only ordered one thing.

Melbourne, Australia
“Our best meal during our stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We walked off the street on a Sunday evening and were easily accommodated . The service was great and were able to easily cater for a children's steak for our 7 year old. The lobster bisque soup special was amazing and the mashed potato so so creamy. Both our steaks were cooked perfectly and my husband had the wagyu special which was so so tasty. Absolutely worth the visit, it's not cheap but I'm more than happy to pay for quality and the Capital Grille did not disappoint

1 Thank angieMelbourne
California
“Great steak and service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went with a business associate - we both thought the steak and service were excellent. It was on an weekday night and had no trouble getting a reservation a half hour in advance. Place is pleasant; not too noisy to carry on a conversation.

Visited October 2012
Doha, Qatar
“I've never had a bad meal or poor service here.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a classic steak house, granted part of a chain, but the standards remain impeccably high wherever you dine around the US.

If you want classic steaks, knowledgable waiters that are well mannered and professional, then you can't go wrong with a Capital Grill.

There's also a fantastic wine selection to accompany any of the wine or seafood on offer.

I had a delicious chowder this time and a steak with a lobster tail accompaniment, absolutely delicious.