Chez Michelle
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Fitness center
$252
$227
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$235
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$233
$209
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$319
  • Restaurant
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$321
$200
$389
$346
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$535
$251
$206
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2011

If you're not looking for fancy hotels and don't mind spending 10 minutes on the subway to go downtown, I really recommend Michelle's b&b. Everything was clean and comfortable, the Internet was fast and the connection was really good, the breakfast was normal, but during the breakfast Michelle(the owner) made me company and gave me directions and tips of the best places to visit.
She helped me with my English difficulties and helped me finding the places I needed,even though I thought I'd never find my way through those subway lines.
The only problem, for me, was the heater. I don't know why it stopped working everyday about 11 pm and, as a Brazilian guy, sleeping on 20 Celsius is really cold for me. But it was not a real problem for me as Michelle gave me a lot of blankets.
I really recommend it. It's not a fancy hotel, but it's really worth the price and makes you feel like home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank LeonardoNeves
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We rented Apt3 at Michelle's Bed and Breakfast in early November for several of us because we wanted to stay in the heart of Harlem for it's rich culture, cuisine, jazz, tours, architecture, museums and churches.

When we arrived, Michelle greeted us so warmly and friendly at her beautiful brownstone building that we immediately felt at home. She provided us with coupons, information about the neigborhood, internet access, maps, directions, places to eat, jazz lounges and everything you can imagine.

The apartment was absolutely 'spotless', very spacious and was decorated in a modern, chic style with wonderful colors that gave it a warm and cozy feel. The pictures she has posted are exact so we were very, very pleased.

Staying at Michelle's was the 'very best decision' we could have made and the location was perfect as it allowed us to really explore Harlem on foot. The neigborhood is very safe and everyone we met as we walked along the many streets were very friendly and helpful in sharing their opinion of places to eat. Michelle's is located within walking distance of everything we were interested in. We walked to the Lenox Lounge, Sylvia's, the Apollo, Bill Clinton's office, Astor Row, Lenox Wines, several supermarkets, Jacob's Soul Food, various Italian and French restaurants, nearby Cafes and several historical churches. Getting to Times Square via subway or taxi took about 20 mins which was fast.

We had purchased tickets for the Harlem Art Crawl which was on Saturday in East Harlem and it was awesome. This was an exclusive guided trolley tour of the art galleries in Spanish harlem and included a reception, wine and entertainment.

I would definitely recommend Michelle's Bed and Breakfast if you truly want a taste of Central Harlem and I definitely plan to return.

Blessings to you Michelle for making our stay truly a home away from home!

Theresa in Chester, Va.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank Prettydarnkool
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We chose this B&B based on your advice. I can only confirm this B&B has been a pearl for us (my wife and I).
A very low price for what she offers:
- Very Clean and quiet.
- Great extra value for free, like a computer and printer to print our tickets we bought online. Fridge.
- near the subway and buses
- Great advice without being invasive. She takes time for her guests. Ready to help/translate to solve the unexpected in your trip.
Just quoting her: 'I give to my guests what I would like to find for myself when I travel'
It's all about you and not the bussiness around it.
We know where we will stay next time in NY!! Hope you'll find something as good as this. Enjoy NY.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vbreuck
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Clean, close to the Subway and cheap good restaurants. Michelle is very kind and helpful, she'll give you all the information for a better holiday in NY. Staying in this B&B you can discover the "real" Harlem!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank ask_david
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The perfect place to stay if you want to sleep in a quiet and cosy place after a day of visiting hectic NY ! Michelle is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfy, you feel just like at home. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends