“Ugh”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Dirty, dark and unfriendly was my experience here. I was excited when I heard they were opening, but wasnt worth it.

1  Thank lin w

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my first negative review on tripadvisor; I felt compelled to write given the bad experience I had there today. My son and I were looking forward to trying a different burger. I instead left with the taste of hostile encounter with a male employee "M.". His distain for customers was quite apparent and more than one should expect even in NYC. With the high costs, average food and servers like "M". .... Pop Burger is to be avoided.

1  Thank 02shadow
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was my first and LAST experience at PopBurger… I never ever write reviews, but this was so bad, I had to take the time to express my extreme disappointment. My friends and I (6 of us total) stumbled upon PopBurger while visiting NYC. ..little did we know what we were in for…

1.) We sat upstairs so we could get a seat and chill with a drink. Drinks took 30 minutes. We were one of two tables’ total.

2.) The red booth covers were stained and dirty. Not just a little stained, but REALLY stained.

3.) Food took 45 minutes to come out. While our waitress was nice, she never acknowledged the fact that we had been waiting forever. She acted like nothing was wrong.

4.) The food was crappy and not nearly worth the ridiculous prices. I would have been more satisfied with a BigMac.

5.) The food runner looked like he wanted to murder us from the second he laid eyes on us. He practically threw each plate on the table, mumbled under his breath, and at one point, let out a large annoying groan. Mind you, we never asked him for anything. We only said “thank you.”, which seemed to annoy him more.

6.) The food came out in slow shifts…about 10 minutess inbetween each entre. We dreaded each time the food runner approached with the next dish because he was so…annoyed? Angry? Full of rage? Pick one.

7.) As we ate our crappy food, the scary food runner continued to stare us down from the register and made us all feel extremely uncomfortable. It became comical because none of us could figure out why he was so…annoyed? Angry? Full of rage? Pick one.

8.) The clueless (yet nice) waitress never checked on us to make sure we had everything.

9.) We were there for 2 hours with one round of drinks and our entrees. We all quickly decided that we were not going to order anything else because we wanted to make it home before dark.

10.) We hated it there. We felt cheated out of $300, and slightly frightened for our life.

I worked in the food industry for years, and I am sympathetic to the stresses that come along with the job. If we were a rude table, or if the place was busy, I would totally understand. But 6 nice folks sitting in an empty restaurant did not deserve such an unpleasant , and frankly WEIRD, experience.

In closing – save you money (and protect your safety) folks... Go to McDonalds.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

$22 for two mini burgers, one cheese frie and 2 cans of soda! Total ripoff! Need I say more?!?

Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Central Park area and tucked in a side street across the road from FAO Schwarz it doesn't look much from the outside. The groundfloor is basic and clean but there's a great lounge upstairs. The food was really good, we had the pop burger and chicken sandwiches, fries were delicious and the onion rings were melt in the mouth. Service was attentive and friendly and although it's not cheap it was great quality...highly recommended.