“Tapas and Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sala One Nine

Sala One Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Sala One Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,871 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, W, & L trains at Union Square; F & V trains at 14th Street and 6th Avenue; 1, 2, and 3 trains at 14th & 7th Avenue.
Description: Sala One Nine offers a true and authentic Spanish culinary experience in a casual, friendly, and unpretentious setting. Come in and enjoy a few tapas and a glass of sangria with a friend at one of our two bars or invite 15 friends in for a specially coursed out and wine paired experience...From the business lunch to the special occasion with friends, we offer a warm and friendly experience and the very best of what Spain has to offer. Sala One Nine has live flamenco music and dance shows every Monday from 7:30pm-10pm. Sala One Nine is the only venue that offers live flamenco music and dance in New York City.
washington state
“Tapas and Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have eaten at Sala One Nine on five separate occasions and have never been disappointed. I have taken my wife, my early 20's son and daughter, my parents in their late 70's and business associates and this restaurant never ceases to amaze me. This is true Spanish style tapas eatery with a great Spanish wine list. The best part of Sala One Nine is the servers. They truly understand the menu and know what's good that particular night. The night I took my parents I asked the server to make choices for us based upon certain likes and the meal was fantastic. My parents still talk about that night. The restaurant is more of a younger crowd and is very loud so if noise is an issue I would not recommend it. On the other hand, if you want an active crowd who appreciates great tapas and wine I would highly recommend giving Sala One Nine a try. It's now one of our "go to" spots in Chelsea.

• Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sala One Nine is one of my favorite restaurants!! The Shrimp in Garlic and Olive oil (Gambas al Ajillo) is AMAZING!! The ambiance is soo romantic, perfect for dates or celebrations. Very attentive and courteous servers that will explain menu as well. Great tapas and desserts. Awesome wine selection and their Happy Hour is a delight!!

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Inexpensive Happy Hour good food great wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went here for Happy Hour on a Saturday, was not too busy, sat at the bar. The bartenders are very friendly and their suggestions for a glass of red were spot on. The octopus was tasty but a little chewy. Would definately recommend going here for happy hour as the drinks are nicely priced.

• Visited June 2013
Yonkers, New York
“For the price-too much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The tapas were ok... Small pitcher of sangria... was $32. Service was good enough but menu selection was not. I had higher hopes but was disappointed. I do not think I will try this again. It is too bad because it is a nicely decorated place but unfortunately we can not eat that...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rkounsny
Auburn, CA
“Pleasant Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Walking down 19th street to go shopping at TJ Max on 6th Avenue when I noticed I was pretty hungry. My wife and her sister are like Spartans who never stop to eat and I was with them. Realizing that if I did not tell them I was starving we would never stop for lunch I just picked the next restaurant and said we should try it. They were dubious, but recognizing that I was being dragged with them to shop they decided to try it. The restaurant was Sala One-Nine and it was superb. They have a lunch special at $10 which is soup and 1/2 sandwich. We tried this. All of us had the lentil soup which was thick and delicious. My wife had the Vegetal Bocadillo which is Roasted portobello, roasted red pepper, empeltry olive and goat cheese. My sister-in-law and I had Pollo Braseado Bocadillo which is Grilled chicken, roasted vegetables and alioli. Everything was great. I even came back later for a nice glass of cabernet savignon when I could no longer figure out what to do while the others shopped. The lunchtime waiter remembvered me and pleasantly visited with me during his break. Enjoy. Here is the link http://www.salaonenine.net/

• Visited November 2012