“Delicious Dim Sum!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Delicious Dim Sum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Vegetarian Dim Sum House was so good! Even my husband, the "meat eater" loved our meal. The won-ton soup was fantastic. We also ordered the Spinach Dumpling, Mock Shrimp Dumpling, Spring Roll and Vegetarian Crescent.

The Spring Rolls were perfectly fried and crispy. The Mock Shrimp Dumpling was surprisingly good! And the Vegetarian Crescent was out of this world. We ate every single item.

Gushing aside, if you're looking for a fancy, 5 star culinary extravaganza...go elsewhere. That's not what Vegetarian Dim House is about anyway. I'd say this restaurant is great for vegetarians (and non-veggies) who just want to indulge in a delicious dim sum meal and not have to worry about accidentally ordering or eating a meat item.

• Korean first
St. Augustine, Florida
“Not the best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My partner and I went to the restaurant while visiting New York. It's a very small place and the decoration is poor and toilet also doubles as a cleaning closet. The food was not great and I doubt the we would ever visit this place again. My partner ordered mango juice which didn't taste like any mango I've ever had. I would recommend people didn't try this place out!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great veggie food in heart china town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a great finding in the middle of China Town in NY. They have a great amount of options and they are all delicious and hot (spicy and warm!). It is a cheap place where you will be filled with enough veggie food for little money.

• Visited November 2012
Tel Aviv
“Okay food, Okay price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a vegetarian dim sum place to have lunch.
We stumbled upon the Vegetarian Dim Sum house on a "10 best vegetarian restaurants in NYC" article.
Food was okay, some Dim Sum dishes were pretty good, some were "weird" (nothing was horrible).
We had better Dim Sums in other places.
What annoyed us the most was the fact that instead of making vegetarian dishes they concentrated mostly on meat replacement, so one of the dishes resembled a pork. I didn't mind it (I eat meat) but my wife wanted to puke...
There are many vegetarian Dim Sum fillings, why try to imitate meat?
The strictly veggie Dim Sums were excellent, if they would have had only such dishes we would give it another star or two...

If you are looking for a veggie Dim Sum place - give it a shot, try to avoid the faux meat dishes though.
Freshly squeezed juices are excellent.
Avoid the puddings (not sure about other deserts), if felt very plastic-ish.
Service was good as the waitress did try her best but her English was pretty bad.

Lugano, Switzerland
“Visit this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

They must have hired English speaking personnel because the first few times we visited, the servers only spoke very broken English (which kind of matched the place). Love, love, love this food. It's light and tasteful, not bland and boring like some veggie dim sum. My son hates vegetarian food and we brought him here not mentioning that it was vegetarian: he did not even notice. Spring rolls, shiu mai, dumplings, turnip cake, roast "pork": try it all, it's worth it and worth every cent.

• Visited June 2013