“VERY disappointing”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Toronto, Canada
“VERY disappointing”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I can't say that I'm very familiar with dim sum, or that I am a fan of the sticky texture of some Cantonese dishes. That said, I found the food here to be bland, mushy and soggy. We ordered 8 items (the waitress did not advise us that that would be too much) and there was not much to distinguish them from each other (with a couple of exceptions). As others here have mentioned, the service was also not friendly. I can't recommend this place, which is too bad since many of the reviews (and the Lonely Planet write-up) seemed so promising.

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We sought this restaurant out because it's in the Lonely Planet book for New York City. My word of advice...don't waste your time. Granted, I'm not a connoisseur of dim sum but all the dishes we got tasted pretty much the same...mushy and bland. Nothing tasted fresh, nothing had flavour. Really, it was the worst meal we had in New York.

• Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Stuck in the 1970s”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place has absolutely no atmosphere, when you walk in, it's like you're back in the 1970s, very depressing decor, there's things they can do to brighten up the place without spending much money, like adding mirrors, playing some music in the background, fresh coat of paint, etc. However, the food is great. We ordered from the Dim Sum menu that the waitress gave us along with their regular menu. We tried the pan fried dumplings, spinach buns and mixed veggies buns. We had to hail a waitress for more soy sauce because they walked by and didn't ask us if we needed anything. Service could be better. Everything was delicious, we ate it all, zero leftovers. You get complimentary hot tea too. I saw many tourists in the place, so I guess they do pretty well despite having no atmosphere and I have to admit that I would eat here because I love their food.

• Visited February 2012
Bethesda
“Terrible service, food ok”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I would recommend avoiding this place. While the food was ok,the service was terrible. The waitress grabbed our ordering sheet and then came back a while later to throw our food down on the table. Turns out it was not our order, but it was too hard to get any help so we just ate it and paid. It ended up being a good deal for us because the food was not that good and the order we were given was smaller than what we had ordered. I think there are much better places out there.

• Visited January 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A remarkable surprise on Christmas Day!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Our family party of nine met in Chinatown where this and most every restaurant had lines in the street on Christmas day. Our wait was short and the staff helpful. Once seated, the waitress was right there and took our very large order in a flash, including a custom sauteed garlic/greens dish not on the menu. Platter after platter began to arrive in minutes, generous servings all hot, fresh, and delicious. They serve "mock" pork, chicken, and seafood Dim Sum as well as many main dishes, and it all really works! The fact that everything is vegetable based left us satisfied and full for hours with no "giant Chinese meal after-effects". We were not rushed through our dinner and the bill for nine of us was less than $120!! Wow.

• Visited December 2011