“Amazingly good surprise”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Amazing 66 is a very populare Chinese restaurant located in Chinatown. Excellent and innovative dishes.
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Came in off the street without a reservation and could not have been more pleasantly surprised. Of course the service was brash and the decor dreadful but the food was really very good - particularly given the reasonable price. Not at all heavy and not greasy like so many other cantonese restaurants. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LondonBurl

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Good Quality Chinese
We wandered in for a late lunch whilst shopping in china town. We were alone given the time. We shared some very nice starters. The honey pork was the best. The mains were all hood quality and good sizes. The garlic Chinese brocoli won that course. All washed down with Chinese beers. And 150 USD including the tip. Nice !

1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The lady behind the register is quite rude. I called in advance to make reservations for six people for 730pm and the lady over the phone barks at me telling me I do not need to make a reservation for six people, then hangs up on me. We show up to the restaurant and the same lady asks us if we have a reservation.When we responded no, she looked reluctant to give us a table and a waiter then came on his own to greet us with seats. The waiters provide good service. I also have noticed they provide better service to the non-asians.

1  Thank NewYorkLangmui
Reviewed June 8, 2010

during or recent trip to the states my husband and I ventured into china town to experience the cuisine. I think we have picked the worst possible night, the restuarant was packed full of locals (good sign) due to mother day- it ottok us age to ttract the owners attention to get a table, the service was hurried and as we were not confident about what we were ordering and due to the fact all our food came at te same time, we didn't have an enjoyable meal, and in all honesty it was mayhem. If you're better than us at ordering chinese food then this place is the pace t go, all the locals seemed to have got it right when it came to ordering, and were thoroughly enjoying themselves - this is definitely not an eating place for the timid or if you are wanting a romantic meal, the seatting is basic as is the decor.
if you are confident ordering chinsese food then this is a good option

1  Thank WWWanderer
Reviewed November 20, 2009

early this week, we had a very good time in this restaurant.
if you have a budget.....and looking for clean place, good food &services
Eg. we spend abt 60USD for
hot and sour soups for 2, steamed fish with soy sauce/scallion (by weight), fried/sauteed string beans.

from ...Kay & Nat, Thailand