“It is different but entertaining....”
Review of Le Scandal Cabaret

Le Scandal Cabaret
More attraction details
Owner description: Le Scandal Cabaret is NYC's long running burlesque variety show, now in it's 11th year! Le Scandal features circus acts, burlesque, international variety acts, and live music. Win fun burlesque prizes. We cater to bachelorette, bachelor, birthday, and special events.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Trying to figure out how to rate the show. First of all we had a hard time finding the place there are no signs outside that indicate where it is - it is actually in a restaurant down stairs. Once we found it we were told it was cash only only so be sure and have that on hand. $25 per person and a $15 minimum drink order. There was a bachelorette party when we were there so they got to be kinda loud from drinking but they were having fun.
The room is not large at all with a small stage. The show is a bit different, we kept shaking our heads while laughing at the same time not believing what we were seeing. I was told each week the show is different - our show consist of a little band, a man who swallowed a long thin balloon, juggler/comedian, female sword swallower who has been in the Guinness book of world records, 2 females one who danced called her self the naughty ballerina and the opera singer who did some bizarre things with a male blow up doll. Both took their clothes off with only having a thong and nipple pastes on.
If you are looking for something different to do and have a opened mind why not try it out. We enjoyed ourselves, not sure if we would do it again but have to say we were entertained and got a few good laughs from it.

1  Thank 70sgirl
There are newer reviews for Le Scandal Cabaret

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I rarely do this but I had such a good expierence. The Lauri Beechman Theater is a great space; a great view of the stage and the food is top notch. The show was excellent. I've been to other burlesque shows and most times I get a glorified strip act. Bonnie Dunn does her show different, more in keeping with an old time vaudiville show. She presents a variety of acts from beautiful woman artfully taking off their cloths to sword swallowers to comedians, jugglers and acrobats. I'll definitely be back and next time I'll bring my friends

1  Thank Ed W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friend suggested we go to a burlesque show and I was all for it. It was our first time and our burlesque cherries where nicely popped. Try to get there early because seating gets filled up fast. Luckily we were seated right at the front. Don't forget you have to spend $15 per person on either a drinks or food.
I like that its not just a burlesque show. Other types of acts were involved. There was a man that swallowed a balloon, another one that balanced his weight on a basketball and so on and so forth. The ladies are a bit older except for Pearl. Pearl was our favorite! She was the youngest one there and her energy was great and her movements were very sensual. I did a lot of laughing, which was unexpected but the performers had a great attitude and the sexual innuendo comments had the crowd hooting. I read that there was a man in a monkey suit and someone swallowed a sword. I would've loved to see all that. I guess they change up the acts, which makes perfect sense. I still had a great time and plan to go back with my girlfriends. The only thing that's preventing it from being 5 stars is the fact that there wasn't enough burlesque performances...at least not to me. Enjoy!

5  Thank S D
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This show was funny and different- I would call it more of a variety show than burlesque. There was a lot of talent here, the band was great and the juggler was better than some I've seen in Cirque shows. The dancers were mature but they were confident & was nice to see some real women on stage. Was an entertaining way to spend an evening in NYC, plus they sell nipple tassles after the show!

1  Thank angie897
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had to plan my friend's party, which meant getting 20 something women to agree on the evening's entertainment. One month later, and a whole bunch of emails and phone calls to Bonnie Dunn(the producer), who I have to add to this review, so graciously explained, arranged, and assured me, ... we went to see Le Scandal. Wow! We saw a cute boy juggler who stripped! Hilarious! Funny and beautiful burlesque. A sword swallower lady, who was so out there...well you have to see. This magician guy that pulled string out of his...I'll let you guess. The acts were unique, so explanation doesn't do it justice. There was an insane acrobat, who was hysterical. I heard the show rotates performers, so probably some nights better than others.
Bonnie gave the brides to be and birthday party patrons little gift boxes, which was a nice extra touch.

3  Thank Lee K