1,089 results
All reviewsmanhattan bridgerooftop barchinatown areajonathan adlergold restaurantheart of china townlower east sidecanal stnew yorka city view roomminute walkthe empire state buildingspecial shoutbeautiful hotelfinancial districtevery staff membercomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed December 15, 2017

We just stayed at the 50 Bowery Hotel in NYC and we loved it. The rooms are perfect, the beds are super comfy and the staff are amazing! And what a great location. so close to Lolita, Soho, and Little Italy!! We will def stay here again when we come back to NYC

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Paul_Kim50, Sale + Executive Coordinator at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Ni Hao marlo2017! Thank you so much for your honest review, we're so delighted your stay was perfect! Thank you for choosing us, we look forward to welcoming you back! - Paul K.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here prior to booking, I was hugely excited about my stay here.

Unfortunately the experience itself did not live up to expectations.

I am generally a positive person and don't like to leave negative reviews but I think there are some things the hotel need to work on.

Firstly, arrival and check in was absolutely fine, staff member was very pleasant and upgraded me from 3rd floor to 10th floor, which was a great start.

The first stop was the rooftop bar. The outside was closed because of snow, no big deal, that's understandable. But there was a private birthday party on and getting drinks/space was quite tough. Also the female bar staff on duty could take a lesson from reception in terms of their customer service skills. Any request for a drink was met with a sour face and I appeared to be a hindrance to the bar staff.

Unfortunately, two nights out of the four I was there, the restaurant was closed to residents, again due to a private event. I liked the look for the menu at Rice and Gold and the night I planned eating there, I couldn't due to a private event.

The third night, I was told I couldn't go to the rooftop bar, guess what, a private event!! I was told there's a secondary bar but it's at ground level outside of the hotel and I kinda hoped to use this hotel for the rooftop bar!

Upon check out at 10am, I booked a cab with staff for 3pm for getting back to JFK. Come 3pm, they have no record of any booking, and I'm then told they will get one booked asap. 30 minutes later, still no cab. Apparently there were no cabs available as they had "all finished their shift". I found this quite hard to believe in a city like NYC.

So they said they would try and hail a taxi, I waited 20 minutes to no avail. At this stage I was getting a bit concerned about time and rush hour traffic to JFK so I just left and took the Subway.

I did voice my concerns to staff about this fairly poor experience, but was just met with "yeah, sorry".

The room itself was fine, nice view uptown. Comfy big bed, nice shower and toiletries, there are no coffee/tea facilities, and the mini bar snacks are extortionate even for NYC standards ($8 for a bottle of water, $4 for a Snickers).

Upon checking in and leaving, I was told by separate staff members to remember to leave a 5 star review on trip advisor. I find this quite cheeky and presumptuous to suggest that the customer would just leave a 5 star review on their request.

I'd say this hotel has some work to do before it warrants a 5 star review. I wasn't offered any kind of reduction or offer for future to help make up for the issues suffered. A quality hotel would ensure people would leave a 5 star review on merit, rather than just being told to do so by staff.

As it stands, I wouldn't return to this hotel, I was very excited to be staying here but having stayed in other hotels in New York, this wasn't the experience I hoped for.

Stayed: December 2017
11  Thank Kenny0936
Vaughn D, Director of Front Office at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Dear Kenny0936,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are sincerely sorry that we didn’t live up to the 96% of positive reviews left on TripAdvisor.

Please rest assured that corrective measures will be put in place to ensure that this doesn’t happen to any other guest moving forward. As hospitality professionals, we pride ourselves in delivering a “perfect game” experience from the beginning of your stay to the end.

I would like to deliver a personal and direct apology at your convenience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email at vdavis@jdvhotels.com.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

The Staff

Everyone was ridiculously friendly and had acted like they’d know us our entire lives. From conversation about the hotel, questions about the area, or even just casual conversation about the proper way to pronounce “Hooves”. Definitely the best experience staff wise I’ve ever had during a stay.

The Room

My wife had originally scheduled the Deluxe King. I was skimming through the site and decided that I wanted to spend a little extra to have a city view. Upon calling and speaking to the concierge about my request he, without skipping a beat, gave me a complimentary upgrade to the city view room. The view was ridiculous and definitely was good to remind you that NY isn’t as hustle and bustle every as is Times Square. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly cozy. My only complaint about the entire room would be the bathroom and it’s lacking of a bath. But the shower was a rainfall shower and very room.

The Room Service

VERY PRICEY and, in my opinion, not worth it. The only thing we liked was the lobster fried rice. Just make sure that while you’re in China Town you actually eat around the area. Which brings me to the...

Area

Chinatown. It’s ridiculous how much it feels like you’re in a different city. But then you take two steps around the block and now you’re in Little Italy. There were so many little shops and great authentic restaurants.

All in all I’m very happy that we picked this hotel over any area. As a whole it’s definitely up high on the list of best places I’ve ever stayed.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Paul_Kim50, Sales + Executive Coordinator at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Ni Hao Stephen W! Thank you so much for leaving your honest review and for noticing we're not your average NYC hotel. We can't wait to welcome you and your wife back, please email me and I can oversee all of your future reservations! Thanks again, until next time! - Paul K.

Reviewed December 13, 2017

It’s a great place to stay!! I spent my birthday weekend here. Gorgeous, chic environment with incredible views.... Everyone is so friendly caring and pleasant, starting from the reception to the cleaning service. Anything you need they help you with. AMAZING WEEKEND!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Paul_Kim50, Sales + Executive Coordinator at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Thank you so much for you glowing review carrcorc! We really appreciate your honest feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy holidays! - Paul K

Reviewed December 13, 2017

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights (November 10 to November 15) at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC and enjoyed out stay at this new hotel. The room decor was modern, stylish and comfortable and the room had stunning views of New York City. The staff were excellent - professional and friendly. We were given a room upgrade and also two complimentary drinks which could be used at the Rooftop Bar. We also had a 1/2 bottle of red wine in our room with a Happy Birthday card as this was a birthday getaway for my husband. We also dined at their restaurant, Rice and Gold. The food was delicious and each dish was creatively presented. The staff and owners were attentive, friendly and professional. Rice and Gold will not disappoint. The Hotel also has an amazing permanent art collection that is a must. This hotel is in a great location because it is a short walk to other restaurants such as Balthazar, Katz's Delicatessen as well as the New Museum of Contemporary Art and International Centre of Photography, etc. You will enjoy your stay at this fabulous Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 523joyce
Paul_Kim50, Sale + Executive Coordinator at Hotel 50 Bowery NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Ni Hao 523joyce! Thank you and your husband for staying, we're thrilled you had an excellent stay. We're glad your husband's birthday was amazing, we hope to welcome you back again. Please come back whenever you're back in NYC! - Paul K