“Totally fun show tune sing-along bar”
Review of Marie's Crisis

Marie's Crisis
Ranked #2,811 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a great time singing along to Gershwin, Les Mis, Chicago and much, much more. Amazing piano player who played for hours while some great singers and some more like me sang along. Tiny little place. Sign says it fits 72 but I'm guessing more like 30 if you want to breathe. Generous with the liquor in mixed drinks. No food served but lots of choices nearby. When we first arrived there were about six young men draped around the upright piano singing a ton of ballads I wasn't familiar with. The joint started hopping about 9. Very few seats so go early if you want to sit. I'd totally go next time I'm back in NYC.

3  Thank TravelinGalJulie
There are newer reviews for Marie's Crisis

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very nice bar, good drinks, but the great thing is the pianoplayer and all the guests joining in singing along all sorts of musical and cabaret songs on a sometimes professional level. Had a great night celebrating my friends birthday

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not a theatre-going kind of person myself, my wife brought me here, jus to see if it was my cup of tea. Well I loved it. It really was back to the basics, no frills basement bar where extras and up and coming theatre types come and entertain themselves, their friends, and whoever else pops in to sample their talents. It's a very small place which consists of a small amount of seating areas and a piano, and that about it really. The entertainment is great, and the kind of place to visit if you enjoy a good-feel place to spend an evening with relatively cheap plonk and beer to boot....will be back

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Marie's Crisis is a wonderful basement, show tunes bar where you can be around musical theater fans (such as myself) and have a great time singing all your favorite broadway melodies new and old. Their is zero once of pretension with this crowd and the staff is there to ensure everyone is enjoying themselves and having a great time. I can't wait to return!!

1  Thank Bigschott
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Marie's Crisis is an awesome little dive bar in the heart of the West Village where you sing showtunes accompanied by a piano player and drink glasses of cheap $4 wine. If you love drinking and singing, this is absolutely the place for you. A West Village staple enjoyed by locals and tourists alike.

1  Thank MissP76