“Could Have Been Better”
Review of Days Inn Carlsbad

Days Inn Carlsbad
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are seasoned travelers and have never had such a horrible experience. We booked a confirmed credit card reservation at this motel months in advance. We lost the credit card on this trip and called the credit card company to have it cancelled. When we arrived at this motel at 2:30 pm on the day of our stay we were told our reservation had just been cancelled. They said our original card had been declined.

I explained to the owner what happened and that we were planning to use another credit card to pay for the room. He could have cared less. The reservation clearly stated that the card would not be charged until we checked out or if we did not show up. I said it never occurred to me that I had to notify him in advance if we were going to use a different card (we had no problems at our other hotels). I said that we were travelling in remote locations (Big Bend Nat Park) were there was no cell phone coverage anyway.

The owner spoke fluent English so there was no issue with him not understanding what happened. I told him he should not have tried to charge our card in advance. He was very rude and more concerned about justifying what he had done so he would not lose any money than caring about our problem. I told him that we would never stay at another Days Inn motel in the future.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

While the room, itself, was adequate, we found crumbs in the bed when we turned down the covers on the sofa bed! I called the front desk and was told by the desk clerk that there was no one else at the hotel and he could not leave the desk. He said I could come to the desk and pick up the linens myself and change the sheets. I went to the desk and told him that this was unacceptable and insisted he call the manager. The manager had him lock up the front desk and change the linens.

We had also asked the desk clerk to suggest a restaurant and he recommended a Chinese Restaurant down the road; however, he had told us to take the right side of the fork instead of the left and we ended up in who knows where before we decided to turn around.

We did enjoy the continental breakfast but wish there had been more fruit variety than just apples.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived at the reception desk to find the receptionist arguing with a guest on the phone. After listening to five minutes of this, a man walked in wanting to talk to the Manager about the rude way his wife was treated.
Not a good first impression!!!!
When the receptionist finally got around to me, she said "Your reservation was cancelled because your credit card was refused". When I offered another card, I was informed that the room had already been given away.
I had used the credit card for the rent-a- car and to make several other purchase that day, with no problems. I called the bank and they said the card was good. ( I even used the card later that night and the in the following days after with no problems!) So the credit card excuse was total Bulls**t!!!!
What is the point of reserving in advance? The hotel never tried contacting me to resolve the supposed issue. The staff is rude and uncaring. They never offered to find me a room in another hotel. (They had no vacancies after giving away the room I had reserved). There was an oil convention in town, so I had to drive to Roswell to get a room( about 80 miles away).
I will never ever stay at a Days Inn again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere would be my tip!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInn-NM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
First of all I want to start off by apologizing that your stay was anything but comforting. I am and will do my best to get these issues taken care of. Again my apologies !
GLENDALE
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Jennifer at the front desk took very good care of me. Answering all my questions and giving me very quick check-in service. Although, it didn't workout for my return trip to the area because they were booked, Jennifer worked hard to try to offer some options but they just didn't have the space available. Would have, and actually did recommend this Days Inn to my co-workers. Thank you,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank DANIEL A
DaysInn-NM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello! We are very glad to hear that u enjoyed your stay and that our staff in front desk was very helpful to you. We hope to have you stay with us again and appreciate you letting others know about us. Take Care and have a wonderful day!
LAS CRUCES
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good location for getting to Carlsbad Caverns. However, it seems that the better motels in Carlsbad are on the north side -- might be worth the extra miles for a better spot to spend the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank EnchantedTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Comfort Suites
U.S. Travelers Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 3 in Whites City

Been to Days Inn Carlsbad? Share your experiences!