Rodeway Inn
$422
TownePlace Suites
$354
CandlewoodSuites
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is a total dump and the employees are the rudest, most inept hotel staff I have encountered since I stayed in Juarez, Mexico in the 70's and they couldn't speak english!
Internet access non-existent, TV was a piece of junk, room walls are paper thin and I could literally go on and on.
Just take my advice and find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: There is no way to get a good room here so this is a moot point!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I spent one week here in June 2010 for work. It's an older hotel and a bit worn, but a good value. No special amenities and certainly not 4-star quality, but acceptable and affordable. Wireless internet worked fine. "Breakfast" left much to be desired.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went to Carlsbad Caverns and needed somewhere to stay because we were exhausted from going to the caverns and walking in the caverns. We tried Motel 6. But they had only one room. We needed two rooms because me and my sisters family were traveling together. This place had 2 rooms next to each other. So we decided to try it out. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! There were roaches and bugs in the room. The carpets were stained all over the place. The room smelled awful. The toilet did not work properly and looked dirty. What a mistake ....They charged me and my sister 80$ dollars...that is a total of 160$ for both rooms for one day... My wife's daughter could not handle the roaches. She freaked out and so we had to leave. When we asked for a refund the frond desk person refund to give us a refund and was rude to me and my family. My wife got very upset. Had to call the police because they refused to give us a refund!!! The police got involved!!! BAD customer service. The police told us it is a civil matter and they could not do anything about it. Told me had to take them to small claims court. Figures ... Had to drive home tired and sleepy... Avoid this place at all cost. You will be throwing your money away and will have a terrible experience.. There is a Super 8 Motel across the street with the same or better prices. Terrible Terrible place to stay..

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel.. It is terrible..Dont stay at this hotel ..you have been warned...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was the worst hotel EVER. The place was filthy and infested with spiders. A huge spider crawled OUT of the bed when we pulled the sheets back. The carpets were nasty. The sheets were filled with holes. The bathroom looked like it needed to be scrubbed with clorox. Even after driving 9 hours, we decided to not stay in this ...... joint. Front desk was rude...refused to refund our $90.00 ..... that's right...... $90.00. Seriously, we went to another hotel and everyone scrubbed down as soon as we walked in door. Did not want any "bugs" coming with us. DISGUSTING PLACE.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Was passing through to go to the Carlsbad Caverns and decided to stay two nights. Room was clean and at a valuable price.

Drawbacks were as follows:

1st night was good. 2nd night a noisy family was placed next door to me which constantly slammed the door.

Front desk wasn't hospitable. My cellphone wasn't working and had 3 friends that called to talk to me on Christmas day and Christmas Eve. My friends complained to me that the front desk has an "attitude," while transferrring the call to my room.

I think that the front desk is not use to work and is use to the laid back attitude of it being slow in a slow town.

Didn't feel totally welcomed, instead felt like a nuisance to them. Clean room but not happy with the customer service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo