“Older Hotel but very clean and Friendly Staff”
Review of Stevens Inn

Stevens Inn
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The breakfast was good. The room was clean but older. They gave us extra towels with no problem when we asked for them. The internet was slow and sometimes did not work. That was the only complaint. But it did not bother me as much as my children.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed during the long weekend for 4th of July. Good reasonable price for a clean room. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. Good place for Carlsbad area. Convenient to the caverns. Fitness center was adequately equipped.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family visits Carlsbad for our family reunion and when we are in town we stay at the Best Western Stevens. As always the rooms are in great condition and the staff is usually great and very accommodating. This particular trip was not different until the last few hours. I was curious as to why my pending charge did not match the room rate. To include taxes & fees the pending charge was about $150 more then what it should have been. I went to the from desk around 0130L to inquire about the charges in person. When I approached the front desk the clerk did not acknowledge that I was standing there and when she finally glanced up from her paperwork she annoyingly snapped "Can I help you" and since she was not looking at me when she asked I did not respond. I guess she noticed, she then paused a little longer to as if she could help me again. I asked if I could square my room charges and why there was a pending. charge on my account. She annoyingly advised that those were the charges, $722.00, are for 7 nights I advised here that the pending charge was $862.00 this is when she once again annoyingly advised me of there refundable deposit and that she cannot check me out at this time. Did not appreciate her attitude or her customer service...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We needed a place to stay in Carlsbad, NM to see the Caverns. Oil and gas boom has driven the price of hotels higher and higher. We were a little nervous about the Best Western. Hotel was clean and remodelled. Would stay here again. Great hotel for families !!!!'

Room Tip: The place is huge. We liked our room away from the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room spacious and comfortable. Older, yes, but very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very good, with attentive waitresses and plenty of food choices. Convenient to Carlsbad Caverns and several good restaurants nearby. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We dragged into town at about 2:00 AM after being unable to find a room in Fort Stockton (rooms are booked out to the many oil workers in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, so book your room in advance!). The furnishings in the room were worn and had water damage. The room we were given had a large wet spot on the carpet between the front room and bedroom. Clear signs of mold/mildew in the air and on the ceiling. When we were awoken at 7:00 AM by the sound of saws in the room above ours, we didn't complain at all because that was just the wake-up call we needed to get out of there. We paid about $160 for our room. Also, this hotel was a little rowdy/noisy with lots of folks (some clearly well liquored) wandering about when we got there. On the plus side, it is close to the caverns.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Azriel23
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. One young man even went to the kitchen/bar to get a bag of ice for us when our car refrigerator quit working and we needed to purchase an ice chest. They were very helpful in giving directions to shopping centers. The "plus" in this Best Western was not only the staff but a large spacious room and an outstanding complete hot breakfast. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This facility has many options, i.e. near the pool, upstairs, downstairs, away from the highway. Ju...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in Whites City
U.S. Travelers Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites Carlsbad

Been to Stevens Inn? Share your experiences!