All reviews full kitchen two bedroom suite closet space front desk long stay small kitchen breakfast service pool and hot tub free laundry oil and gas industry place to stay few dollars national park breakfast was delicious laundry room beautiful hotel bagels
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

We loved our room at the TownSuites Hotel in Carlsbad. The room was huge and very comfortable. We only stayed one night but we can definitely see why it is a perfect extended stay hotel. The suite is very spacious and the bed very comfy. There is a huge walk-in closet in the bathroom! Jonathan checked us in and he did a lovely job showing us around and taking good care of us. The hotel is very well located near a lot of good restaurants. We would definitely stay there again when we are back in the area!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here probably 60 nights over the last year while working in the West Texas oil patch.
Always a good experience.
Fortunately my company gets a good rate as the off the street rate can be over $300/night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The ladies at the front desk, Bailey and Sarah, were great. They were really helpful when our first room had an of odor and didn't have the lay out we booked. They solved the problem while also juggling the needs of a long line of guests. They did a great job.

The room was clean and the gym was very nice. Breakfast was average.

However I can only give it 3 stars because the room was extremely over priced. Fortunately I booked the room on points, but they were asking or $400 night.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2018

So we have found our first gem of the Marriott chain in Carlsbad NM. The Townplace Suites in Carlsbad NM was surprisingly great. I’ll get to the good points in a minute. I could only find one bad thing and that is the price. The member rate is about $400 a night before taxes and fees (and for some reason the Senior rate is a few dollars more expensive), it’s not economical unless you are using points. When using points, this category 3 hotel is only 17,500 points a night. If you play the point game, you know this IS a good use of points. So if you are going to stay here and have the points, use them! You won’t be disappointed.
Now to the good points, of which there are many. The staff is very friendly (from the front desk to the kitchen staff to the maintenance guy), the rooms are super clean, the king size bed was as comfortable as staying at a Westin, the King room with Sofa was plenty big enough so you didn’t feel cramped. The room has a full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, dishes, glasses (not those awful plastic cups wrapped in plastic), silverware, a dishwasher and a normal coffee maker. The bathroom is big, the water pressure is great and the towels don’t look worn and are nice. There are electrical plugs and USB ports all over the place.
Breakfast in the morning is better by far than the Fairfield Inns and Townplace Suites we have stayed at so far. The person who runs the breakfast service (Kathy) was charming and informative. The first day they had these little cheese omelets (not the dried out stuff you normally see at Fairfields), ham, potatoes, great biscuits and sausage gravy, tasty muffins (blueberry and apple cinnamon pecan), juice (that was actually good), bagels, toast and a waffle maker. The coffee, while looking like the standard Bold that the Marriott decanters claim, was actually bold and great! I like decent coffee and this was a great surprise!
I wish we had planned more than 2 nights here before heading to Santa Fe. Excellent place to stay and I would highly recommend it …. As long as your using points.

Room tip: If you have the Marriott Rewards Points use them. It's expensive otherwise
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I was not impressed with the experience, and one of my worst Marriot stays considering the most basic room here costs $500+/night because they are trying to profit from the booming oil business at the expense of families traveling to see carlsbad caverns. Fine, I'll pay the price but I expect a certain level of service.

We asked for towels at the front desk in the morning, and instead of providing them they told us that room service would be by to drop them off, we waited 2 hours and then had to leave without showering because nobody ever came by. When I let the front desk know at check out, all I got was a 'well I told them to'. Hot tub was cold, continental breakfast was gross and most items were either slimy from being under cooked, or dry from being over cooked. Front desk staff don't look up from their cellphones and computers when you walk in to make eye contact, or even say 'good morning'.

Obviously these are not deal breakers during a typical hotel stay, but when you charge over $500 a night, you need to deliver a certain level of service to justify it. I could stay at a Rimrock resort in the Rockies for half as much and be treated like royalty. Stay in the next town over, save $350, and have a great customer service experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TownePlace Suit... C, Assistant General Manager at TownePlace Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Carlsbad and providing your honest feedback on the TripAdvisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Carlsbad.