We recently traveled across America with our Grand kids. We stayed in Holiday Inn Express Hotels several times during this journey. They were all excellent (as usual) except when it came to this one in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
First of all this was the most expensive with the SMALLEST rooms! We paid $288 for a one night stay in a very small room. The city is nice, but NOTHING really to do or see (other than the Caverns). So why the big cost amount to stay here? I didn't get it. I drove 11 hours through rain and road construction, so we were looking forward to the NORMAL sized rooms we had enjoyed prior to stopping here. What a huge disappointment! I have a closet back home bigger than this small room!
Second, the air conditioner went on and off hundreds of times during tbe night which obviously drove us all crazy! It was so loud every time and obviously no one got ANY SLEEP!
Third, while sitting in the enclosed pool area, I couldn't help but noticing the filthy residential home/apartments behind the alley - disgusting and ffilthy in plain view (put up a non see through fence). Considering how much we paid for one night, I didn't expect to see the slums of Carlsbad so close by - YUCK!
Positives: breakfast was good, and the clerk at front desk was nice and friendly. The noise level was okay during our stay.
We are "priority reward members" and we didn't feel too "rewarded" at this Holiday Inn Express!
ADVICE: If you are going to charge us an arm and a leg, then make it worth our while. This is NOT how to treat customers who expext the VERY BEST from your Hotel after a long day of driving.
***We spent the following night at another Holiday Inn Express in Arizona and they provided us a large room with a view (twice as large as the one in Carlsbad) for only $83 total price. We never discussed the details of your Carlsbad Hotel with them either. Much better, nicer and lots to do in the area compared to Carlsbad. Oh.... we also were able to sleep with a normal working air conditioner.
Thank you for reading my review. Hopefully someone will make some changes in Carlsbad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural Attractions Abound Near this Carlsbad, New Mexico Hotel In the heart of Eddy County in central New Mexico, you will find a comfortable place to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Carlsbad. Conveniently located near some of the world s finest caves, this is the perfect starting point for your New Mexico adventure.Our Carlsbad hotel is three miles from the Carlsbad City Airport (CNM); so getting to and from your flights will be no problem with our central location. Just minutes from the center of Carlsbad and within walking distance of many shops, our New Mexico hotel is near the Pecos River Convention Center and the Carlsbad Civic Center. Los Alamos National Labs and Sandia Labs are also situated close to our Carlsbad accommodations.Some of America s most famous caves, like the Carlsbad Caverns, are only a half-hour from our hotel in Carlsbad. Lodging here also keeps you near the Living Desert State Park and Zoo and the River Walk and Recreation Center, located on the beautiful Pecos River. Brantley Lake State Park, a 20 minute drive from our Carlsbad hotel, offers a number of walking and hiking trails. Our Carlsbad hotel offers choice amenities like a recently renovated Fitness Center and whirlpool. From the complimentary hot breakfast bar and free high-speed Internet access to the triple-sheeted bedding, we go beyond discount hotels in Carlsbad, NM to offer you an enjoyable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlsbad
- Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad
- Holiday Inn Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Holiday Inn