My wife and I stayed in room 325 which is a double queen room. The room was very nicely sized, clean and well lit. The air conditioner worked fantastically when we needed it; though it ran in mostly fan mode over night because of the chill air here in mid April.
The internet connection was wireless and blazing fast with a 5/5 bar signal in our room, a gamers delight.
The staff was very accommodating and kind; we had to ask for a few items at the front desk (salt and pepper, after breakfast hours, and a few garbage bags for holding some ice) and they went and got them for us without even a second thought!
The breakfast spread was very nice as well. My wife has a gluten allergy and was able to enjoy the eggs they made every morning. There were cinnamon swirl muffins that were so delicious. The drink selection was very good too; tea, coffies (like six different kinds), milk, four different juices...the mango was our favorite. They leave the hot water dispenser going all day for you, which is nice because if you want a cup of tea later on, you can easily get it.
We went into the hot tub and the pool as well. They are both very nicely maintained which made our use of them thoroughly enjoyable. It is a swim at your own risk pool; no lifeguard or camera in there monitoring the area...
The bathroom was a private one, meaning that the sink was not in the room but in the bathroom. There is no nightlight, which is a nice thing to have, they missed the mark on this. The shower has one tiny little shelf to put a bar of soap on...there is nothing else available for putting your shower items.
There is a microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker thingie (we don't drink coffee). The TV is a flat panel and the HDMI connector is open meaning you can stream videos or the web from your laptop.
The other portions of the hotel are in very clean and good condition; apparently it was build around 5 years ago.
My wife and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking to stay in the area of Carlsbad caverns, which is around 25 minutes away.
Another thing that this hotel did that is really cool and forward thinking is that they provided a huge clip (like a potato bag clip) for closing the curtains...because otherwise you always get that one little vertical slit between the two that lets the sun come roaring in... I gave the sleep quality 4 stars because while the pillows are labeled "Firm" and "Soft" they are dinky, almost like airline pillows!! :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural Attractions Abound Near this Carlsbad, New Mexico Hotel In the heart of Eddy County in central New Mexico, you will find a comfortable place to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Carlsbad. Conveniently located near some of the world s finest caves, this is the perfect starting point for your New Mexico adventure.Our Carlsbad hotel is three miles from the Carlsbad City Airport (CNM); so getting to and from your flights will be no problem with our central location. Just minutes from the center of Carlsbad and within walking distance of many shops, our New Mexico hotel is near the Pecos River Convention Center and the Carlsbad Civic Center. Los Alamos National Labs and Sandia Labs are also situated close to our Carlsbad accommodations.Some of America s most famous caves, like the Carlsbad Caverns, are only a half-hour from our hotel in Carlsbad. Lodging here also keeps you near the Living Desert State Park and Zoo and the River Walk and Recreation Center, located on the beautiful Pecos River. Brantley Lake State Park, a 20 minute drive from our Carlsbad hotel, offers a number of walking and hiking trails. Our Carlsbad hotel offers choice amenities like a recently renovated Fitness Center and whirlpool. From the complimentary hot breakfast bar and free high-speed Internet access to the triple-sheeted bedding, we go beyond discount hotels in Carlsbad, NM to offer you an enjoyable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Carlsbad
- Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad
- Holiday Inn Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Holiday Inn