“shocking”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Austin, Texas
“shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

The smell of the lobby was not the typical Indian food smell of locally owned hotels. It was so disgusting I wish we had turned back. I would not even stay in the lobby long enough to check in ....my husband did. Breakfast was literally frosted flakes and nothing else. Carpets dirty, bathrooms fairly clean but black mold present bed ok but matresses were covered in plastic. We slept in sleeping bags with our own pillows.
Location good -- next to great Mexican restaurant. The pictures are from another hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laura6tx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

I read the reviews on this hotel and was expecting a nightmare before I got there. We pulled up and it looked ok so we checked in. Robert (at the front desk) was VERY polite and nice, told us what time to be at the bat flight, told us where all the attractions where and the best places to eat. He even thought that I made a mistake and wanted non-smoking because my 7 year old son was with me. He was extremely nice. We got to the room dreading the worst according to the reviews we had read, and there was not one thing wrong with that room. It was fine. The room was clean, the beds were some of the most comfortable I'd slept in, the pool looked good and had a couple of kids in it, we had tv, fridge, microwave.....everything we needed. The only thing we couldn't find was an ice maker. Unless you are just uppity and looking for something to write a bad review on, this place is perfectly fine. We will definitely stay at this same motel if we ever get to go back to Carlsbad.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Where do I start??? Dirty tampons found under our bed. SICK,SICK,SICK. When I talked to the manger about this he responded by saying, "that won't hurt you"..... Are you kidding me???? That is just sick. This place stunk, it was dirty, We did not dare sleep under the covers. We bought our own towels... We also bought cleaning supplies becasuse I don't think the room HAD EVER BEEN CLEANED BEFORE!!!!! The only reason we stayed is because they had already charged our card and all the other hotels were booked during the Golith softball tournament... The pictures online are NOT,NOT,NOT the same hotel. The manager did not care if people had complaints, he blew you off and never tried to make it better. People needed washing accomadations and he said that he never said they offered this at the hotel, LIES!!!!! People needed towels and he would not give them any!!! First room we had, had a screw locking the window... And all the manager could say was "Jesus protect you", now i agree that Jesus protects me but Come on!!!!!Do yourself and family a favor and run as far away from this hotel as possible!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Cena81

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed in hotel because we were playing in the Goliath Softball tournament. It is gross, discusting, dirty and not what we were sold. They were turning down people who had computer reservations and did not feel bad about this. Don't stay, Don't make a reservation and please Don't eat any food from this place.

• Stayed June 2010
3 Thank huskerdan377
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

They use the pictures from another hotel! LIES LIES LIES!! The only one that is real is the picture of the hotel itself. I will try to make this short for the readers. We came as a softball team. Lobby STINKS! HORRIBLE! Like you walk right into India. It is also used as storage. Manager RUDE! Told us. "If you don't like it YOU CAN GO!" Made one of the moms vacuum their own room. Breakfast is a joke and if it comes out of that kitchen.. DON"T EAT IT! They have to be hoarders! You can't see the counters! Nor can you see the counters in the office. They don't use computers system so if you make a reservation online.. it won't be real! They just filled the pool for us when we got there, but I doubt they use chemicals or know how to use them. They say there is a laundry on site, but we had to use the bath tub! There is a laundry across the street, but it closes at 7pm. Our room was NEVER cleaned.. (which I am happy about because they may have taken my stuff) The bed spread was SO NASTY, and the outlet blew up! Not would I NEVER stay there again.. I may stand in front of their with a sign and picket the place if I ever went back. In fact.. I was successful in getting a couple of people to not stay. I did them a favor! Motel 6 is the Ritz compared to this place! As far as location.. It is right in the middle of everything, BUT THE TOWN IS ONLY 4 MILES LONG! you can get anywhere with in 15 min. And Service? It took me 5 hours to get sheets and towels! I called 3 times. So much for being short. Just do yourself and loved ones a favor! RUN! OH.. I forgot.. the manager told us he had only been there for 3 weeks. He lied! And you can tell be the reviews from last year. Their English is broken when they respond to reviews. The sad thing is.. this hotel could be so beautiful! It is such a shame!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ianwoc
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

It is a bad p[lace overall we dont recommend it at all!!Filthy kitchen, smelly rooms, poor service. Manager/Owner is always trying to screw people over. We were here to work for him for 3 weeks and he didnt pay us anything for resurfacing his pool and we worked outside all day under 120 F heat!!!He works one of his employees almost 20 hr shifts and has him and his family of 4 living in the hotel in a small room. He Also Pays his maintanence guy 20 dollars a day!! He is a horrible person and has horrible manners!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank mmendia
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

No A/C, dirt everywhere, don't even think about staying there

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple