“Absolutely the worst ever.”

Executive Suites & Hotel
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Beside the dust accumulated on the window sill had dead flies and dead flies in the bathtub as well. Everything was dusty and there were about 8 room keys on top of the tv. The towel shelf was broken and the entire place was totally run down. We managed to get some sleep, but did not bother taking a shower...all we wanted to do was get out of there as fast as we could. Their internet of course was broken. The breakfast was not realy a breakfast. My husband checked it out and there were a few bananas, some coffee and a few rolls, but not an environment you would want to eat in when you know how dirty the rooms. This was the one night I did not have a chance to do the reviews on trip advisor and sorry I did not have the time. We were gone for 3 weeks and this was absolutely the worst ever we have stayed in during our 50 years of traveling. AND the toilet seat I had to sanitize because it had "yellow" spots on it. YUK! Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank luvintraveler

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Asked to see the room before giving them my credit card. Was laughed at. Lobby was ice cold and it felt like a morgue. Arrived to room, was nothing like advertised. Room unclean, holes in the walls, moldy smell, slept for about an hour and discovered with my flashlight that I was being bitten by real live bed bugs. Asked for my money back and checked out. This place is the nastiest place I have ever laid my body down. Robert is a nice guy, but he is used to deal with arrivals because he is the only one who can speak english. I would not advise even pulling onto the lot. This place is scum of the earth!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Honest000
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Room was fair but in need of paint and wall repair. Complimentary breakfast was a real shocker. Can everyone say 'WalMart special'. Great value jelly open on the table, bread open with no tongs to grab it, just use your hand with everyone else. No heat in the breakfast room either. I guess they are trying to save money. Bottom-line, spend a little more and get another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank drengin2
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed here during a trip that we took with a group. Hotel looked ok from the outside. The lobby was ok. We got to our room and the carpets had not been vacumed, the bathroom floor looked like it had not been mopped. The trash can was extremely filthy and didn't even have a liner. The vent had a lot of dust, the carpet near the bathroom was coming off of the floor and was exposing part of the floor and side of the wall. The sheets looked clean but the bed was poorly made with half of the sheets hanging out of one side of the bed and there was a big hair in between the sheets. The sides of the toilets were filthy and the tub looked grimy. Part of the ceiling above the shower was already starting to hang low, looked like it could give at any minute. There were stains all over the walls and on the ceilings. The lock to our room didn't even work. When we checked in, I had not noticed. We went to the Christmas on the Pecos and I made sure to close our door before leaving. When we got back to the room, my son opened the door without even using the key. Luckily the deadbolt worked on top and we were able to keep it a bit more secured through the night. It just looked like they don't spend much time trying to clean their rooms or keep them maintained. The owners were very friendly but they need to consider that if they are wanting to make money out of this type of business, they need to put more care into the rooms they rent out. It just seems that they don't care much about their business or maybe they don't have enough help. On the positive side, the mattresses were comfortable, but that's about it. I can't say much about their breakfast but it looked pretty simple (cereal, toast, juice). My family was not in the mood for cereal so we decided to eat at the McDonald's down the road. Either way, don't stay here if you don't have to. We sucked it up because we figured it was only one night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank denmomof3
Reviewed August 8, 2010

absolutely the worst place i have EVER stayed in!! looks abandoned!! would be rejected by skid row!! nasty, dirty, old, moldy, and just plain scary!! only the very first picture on their website showing the front is accurate. the rest of the pictures ARE NOT of this hotel. place should have been condemned long ago!! how can this place be allowed to stay open?! only sorry i didn't take pictures to post...BEWARE!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank robeltra001
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The smell of the lobby was not the typical Indian food smell of locally owned hotels. It was so disgusting I wish we had turned back. I would not even stay in the lobby long enough to check in ....my husband did. Breakfast was literally frosted flakes and nothing else. Carpets dirty, bathrooms fairly clean but black mold present bed ok but matresses were covered in plastic. We slept in sleeping bags with our own pillows.
Location good -- next to great Mexican restaurant. The pictures are from another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laura6tx
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I read the reviews on this hotel and was expecting a nightmare before I got there. We pulled up and it looked ok so we checked in. Robert (at the front desk) was VERY polite and nice, told us what time to be at the bat flight, told us where all the attractions where and the best places to eat. He even thought that I made a mistake and wanted non-smoking because my 7 year old son was with me. He was extremely nice. We got to the room dreading the worst according to the reviews we had read, and there was not one thing wrong with that room. It was fine. The room was clean, the beds were some of the most comfortable I'd slept in, the pool looked good and had a couple of kids in it, we had tv, fridge, microwave.....everything we needed. The only thing we couldn't find was an ice maker. Unless you are just uppity and looking for something to write a bad review on, this place is perfectly fine. We will definitely stay at this same motel if we ever get to go back to Carlsbad.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family