“Fantastic Breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a great diner type place for breakfast. Food is excellent. I don't believe they are open for dinner, but breakfast and lunch only. Can be quite busy, so might have to wait for a bit, but it is worth it. Best food in small town for breakfast without a doubt.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We always get great service whenever we eat here. The food is always good too, and I like the fact that you can ask for your burger to be prepared differently. Like having it on wheat toast instead of
A bun some places don't allow any substitutions, but they always seem to be accomdating.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

WOW! I was hoping only for good coffee. But it was all good and everyone around was enjoying their food as well. Salads are fresh, delicious and BIG! Highly recommend. Only drawback is that it is noisy.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

On our way to Ruidoso and stopped here for a quick lunch. I figure anything with the word "cafe" in the name must be at least average, better than fast food hopefully. Not a lot of choices passing through these small towns. Anyway...being a vegetarian there were not a whole lot of options so I settled for a side salad, chips and guacamole. Expecting a plate of iceberg and old carrots with a side of grocery store chips and guacamole made of more chemicals than avocado, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a nice sized salad with cucumber, carrots, tomato, onion and yummy italian dressing. The chips were thick and crispy and the guacamole was freshly prepared (with real avocados) and seasoned perfectly! Such a relief! My husband had huevos rancheros. The eggs were over medium and cooked perfectly and the hash browns were yummy. The staff were friendly and fast. The coffee so-so. Left feeling satisfied and fueled for the remaining of our drive. Decent place to pull over for a quick bite.

1  Thank IgoIeatIshopIrate
Reviewed July 4, 2012

As Albuquerqueans who have lived in Dallas since 1997, we miss our old favorite restaurants where we could get food smothered in good authentic New Mexico green or red chile. On our last day of vacation, we hoped to find a restaurant where we could get a good New Mexico breakfast: Pecos River Cafe absolutely fulfilled that wish. My husband had the huevos rancheros while I had the egg burrito. We both asked for half red, half green (of course we got the hot version of the green) and it was all excellent. Both meals were served with hash browns and whole pinto beans and were covered with cheese and chile. Very very good.

1  Thank D W