“Good Pit BBQ”

Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We hope you enjoy our true southern style bar-b-que, prepared the old fashioned way since 1954. Our meat is slow cooked in a bar-b-que pit, using local pecan wood. We prepare our sauce, salads and beans fresh daily. Our homemade sourdough cobbler is a little slice of history, courtesy of a recipe from an old cattle drive cook! ​
Reviewed October 27, 2012

They serve wine and beer. Beware -- they also serve LARGE milkshakes and malts. Nice selection of meats. Potato Salad is okay, and okra was a little tough. BUT the green chile cheeseburger had a WHOLE, fleshy green chile on it and the patty was thick! Good sauce as well!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I live in Texas where we have great BBQ and thought I would give this place a try. The atmosphere is perfect and the food was pretty good. I ordered the Special which is brisket, ham, and a hot link with 3 sides. The sauce is not the best but not bad for being in Carlsbad. I thought it was a little over priced at $15 for that plate. I would come back when back in Carlsbad

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Nice log building, decorated in the Western style, with great BBQ sliced pork, beef brisket, ribs, various sides and cobblers for dessert. Other offerings include sandwiches, burgers, catfish and salads. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

After seeing the place after just moving here I thought I would give it a try. Was a total waste of time and money I ordered the brisket dinner plate the meat was dry had a salad with it all it was lettuce and the ranch dressing was the worst gross!! I just move to Carlsbad from California and the BBQ is by far way better I just could not wait to leave this place save your money and try some other BBQ place two thumbs down!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The food was great. BBQ and brisket were very moist and tender.
Our waitress was very attentive. There were many selections and side dishes. Something for everyone's taste.