“The best Italian food in Carlsbad!”

Italian Villa Ristorante
Ranked #36 of 72 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“The best Italian food in Carlsbad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Customers will be surprised with the food and service here. The food here is prepared and served hot and promptly and the staff is excellent paying attention to your needs. The restaurant is small with a capacity of about 30 guests, nothing fancy, just nice family style and clean. Carlsbad is generally not the place to order seafood. Italian Villa Ristorante is the exception. I had the Salmon Genevese, which was served with FRESH SALMON, on a bed of fettuccine with mushrooms, garlic and crisp artichoke hearts sautéed in a sherry wine pink sauce, PERFECT! MY guest had the Veal Parmegiana which was served over spaghetti pasta and topped with mozzarella cheese and a marinara sauce. EXCELLENT!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank bonaventure

Lubbock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had the Veal Parmigana and it was fantastic! The staff was extremely kind. My son spilled all his drink pretty much the moment he got, it all over the floor and everyone was very nice about it. It is a quant little place and def. a mom and pop place which I loved. We had the Calamari for an app. and we received a big portion and it tasted great. The salad with the meal could be a little better but it was just a house salad so I am sure if you order a specialty it would be. I had the house tomato dressing that was delicious. I was concerned since I can be a picky eater but I recommend the house dressing which they give you an abundance of with salad. The rolls that are complimentary are to die for! It is reasonable priced... for 2 adult meals with salads, 3 drinks, calamari, rolls, we paid about 39.00 with tip We shared with our child and still had leftovers! We will be back if we are ever in Carlsbad again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MKRILEY
“Specification”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

When I reviewed this place, I spoke of wine. I should have clarified that I didn't have any wine here, but was speaking with the server about local and foreign wines, which, seeing as I was not drinking at this location and still had better conversation about them than at an establishment that DOES serve wine (YellowBrix, as mentioned) did impress me. I still love the food and atmosphere as service.

• Visited August 2013
Carlsbad, NM
“Authentic taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

A new restaurant in Carlsbad! Delicious Italian cuisine! Everything on the menu is wonderful! I highly recommend the Tortellini a la Rosa - Tortellini in light Vodka sauce. Yum!

Visited July 2013
“Good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Really just a little hole in the wall, but the food was really good. The menu is a little limited but my husband and kids loved the chicken parm!

• Visited July 2013