“Delicious !”

Junior's Burritos & Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ate here with my husband and Son . Fast service , great food . They where busy cause it was right about lunch . Lemon aide tasted fresh squeezed . Food was great . Would definitely eat here again .

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cheri_m1

“Authentic, but scary atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family of 9 and I ate for $91 plus the tip. So not bad for the value. Like other reviewers, I would agree that the area/atmosphere was a little worrisome, but worth it. The restaurant was clean inside, but older. The cheese enchiladas were ok, the tamales and flautas were excellent, the fajitas were really cheap and not very good. So we ran the gambit of poor to excellent, just depending on what you we ordered. The salsa, beans, and rice - the true measure of a good (or bad) Mexican food place - were great!! The green chile sauce was quite good.

I have seen other reviews complaing about the service. We got great service. It was slowish, but they were very friendly.

The only major complaint/concern I had: when we pulled up, there were two small children playing in the dirt outside. Those same small children were running in and out of the kitchen. I assume they had not washed their hands and there's a good chance, like all kids, they were putting their hands in places I probably don't want to know about.

Overall, pretty good. Especially if you are from out of town and want to try something authentic.

• Visited May 2013
“Finally! Authentic Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the appearance of the outside, next to shady looking hotel, lol. Once inside, it's true that the decor is nothing to rave about but it's well made up for by quality and price of food. The chips and salsa pre meal is amazing. Best, actual home made salsa I've had in forever. (and it's nice that they don't charge for refills on chips n salsa like most places) the menu has a lot to choose from, my guy usually gets the seafood combo tacos (very reasonably priced for how much food you get) and I love the Tacos alambre. I once had an issue with a plate and Junior himself came and fixed the problem and made my food again himself! It was sooo good! The main problem I have with this place is that some of the servers are not only unattentive, but some don't speak hardly any English, which makes placing a complicated order that much more difficult. It's worth it to me though to make the trip over, i'd rather have a slightly less than perfect ordering situation and good food than simple orders and overpriced, fake mexican food (LUCYS!)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Spartacus22
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tortas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend told me about their huge awesome tortas! I wasn't disappointed!
The waitress & other staff do need to work on their people skills & listening skills!
Overall great place to eat!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank I_lovedyoufirst
“Not exactly what we were looking for!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after visiting the caverns. The food was good; but not what we expected. Be sure and ask questions about the menu if you have picky eaters!