“Some times things come together”

YellowBrix Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 72 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: YellowBrix is a bistro style lunch and dinner venue. Our lunch and dinner menus are both available during all hours of operation,11am-9pm Sun.-Thurs. And 11am-10pm on Fri.&Sat. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and many steak and seafood options from the grill including a 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye. Our signature sauce selections are great compliments to our steaks! Upon request, our chef will "whip up" alternatives for the vegetarian and vegan guest.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Some times things come together”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Sometimes things come together for a restaurant and sometimes the do not.

We al havew hadthe experience of anticipating a great dining experience and leaving disappointed. The food was god , the service was good but it just never came together.

I am happy to that was not my experience at the Yellowbrix. It all came together.
The coutyard was welcoming. The hostess was welcoming.

The seerver was charming, helpful, and efficient. With her help I selected a great NM craft beer Monks Ale and the special -crispy duck with salsa. I am not a particular duck fan as all too often I find the preperation disappoints. Not in this case.

For dessert the server suggested mango gelato. Great

In short the dining experience all came together. For a very reasonable tab.

Try it you will like it.

Houston, Texas
“Best birthday ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was so fortunate to spend a week in Carlsbad. We had such an amazing experience at Yellow Brix with our energetic server Liz, we decided to go again for my birthday. Not only did the chef, Eric, greet us personally, but congratulating me on my birthday, but he also prepared the best prime rib i had ever had. In addition, Daniel, our server and a happy group of four (I caught Candice and Issac, as well as the CHEF!!!!) sang happy birthday to me while presenting a beautifully decorated cheesecake slice large enough for four, with a strawberry and candle on top!!! My only regret is that we are leaving tomorrow!!! I plan on attending one last time for lunch one more time before we leave tomorrow. Thank you Yellow Brix for giving me the best birthday ever!!! I can not wait until we come back to New Mexico.

• Visited July 2014
Barbara R, Owner at YellowBrix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your birthday at YellowBrix! Based on all the staff names that you mentioned, I am pleased to see that you experienced the great team-work that we value and strive to encourage here at YellowBrix. Thank you so much for choosing us for such an important occasion and once again for the generous acknowledgement. Happy travels!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Best coffee in Carlsbad and the wait staff is great. I wish they had beer on tap but the selection of bottled beer is good too.

Thanks Liz.

Houston, Texas
“good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

the food is realy good in a nice disigned restaurant. the cheasecake as desert is realy good too. a nice restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much. We hope to see you back next time you are in Carlsbad!

Lewisville, Texas
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food was amazing, but the best was our server who was attentive and knowledgeable about local attraction. Thank you Liz!

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate the kind words.