“Great choice in Carlsbad”

YellowBrix Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: YellowBrix is a bistro style lunch and dinner venue. Our lunch and dinner menus are both available during all hours of operation,11am-9pm Sun.-Thurs. And 11am-10pm on Fri.&Sat. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and many steak and seafood options from the grill including a 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye. Our signature sauce selections are great compliments to our steaks! Upon request, our chef will "whip up" alternatives for the vegetarian and vegan guest.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

After dinner the first night I wasn't totally sold. My wife said her spicy chicken pasta was "the best chicken I've had in years" but my tequila chicken was borderline and only saved by the fresh salsa topping. Service was great and the patio seating nice but right next to the Main Street through Carlsbad and a bit noisy. We went back next day for lunch, which was a winner. The Cuban panini was very tasty. Shredded pork and green chili instead of pickle gave it a nice Southwestern touch, and the mustard a perfect kick. Homemade cole slaw was the perfect addition. The mixed berry spinach salad also pleases the palate. Nice selection of local beers.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights in Carlsbad at the end of March. By chance we found the Yellowbrix restaurant. We sat outside in the lovely spring night air and had a lovely meal. What I particularly liked was that the restaurant carries a wide selection of beer. We liked the restaurant so much that we came back for supper our second night. We brought our dog who was welcomed as long as we sat outside.
The cuisine at this restaurant was an unexpected pleasure in a place the size of Carlsbad. The service was friendly and attentive.
My only negative comment would be the dessert menu, but I am pretty demanding in that area!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went to dinner on a Thursday night when the hostess said there would be a 30-minute wait. Left to go back to car, when the owner ran after us and told us she was mistaken and there was a table available. Sat outdoors and whlle service was spotty, food was good (recommend chicken corden blue) and will return in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

First the bad stuff. Service was not good. My 1/2 chicken was scrawny and somewhat overcooked. Now the good stuff. Ambiance is really nice/upscale. Also, patio dining is available. My chicken, while small and overcooked, had wonderful flavor. Mrs. thought her spinach salad with salmon was outstanding.
Both the salad dressings, raspberry vinaigrette and wild berry vinaigrette were fantastic. I tasted both. Flavors were unique. My oven baked potato had a nicely seasoned skin and was perfectly cooked as were the vegetables. We would definitely love to come back here!

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is our favorite restaurant when passing through Carlsbad. We both ordered the lunch Cuban Pulled pork & chicken tortilla soup-delicious, you will not be disappointed.