“Good Food and Great atmosphere”

YellowBrix Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: YellowBrix is a bistro style lunch and dinner venue. Our lunch and dinner menus are both available during all hours of operation,11am-9pm Sun.-Thurs. And 11am-10pm on Fri.&Sat. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and many steak and seafood options from the grill including a 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye. Our signature sauce selections are great compliments to our steaks! Upon request, our chef will "whip up" alternatives for the vegetarian and vegan guest.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This restaurant was quite a surprise for the town of Carlsbad, NM! It felt definitely upscale and the waiter couldn't have been nicer.
My husband had a delicious cajun pasta dish and my son and I both had the poached pear and field greens salad. One note was that they were out of 2 dishes that I tried to order: the mussels and the artichoke dip.

There are newer reviews for YellowBrix Restaurant

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I brought our two kids with us for dinner and chose a seat on the patio. It was a very pleasant setting. We ordered drinks, caesar salad as an appetizer, steak and scallops. The kids had a hamburger and chicken strips. The food was fantastic. My scallops were delicious and perfectly cooked, served with a great parmesan risotto and asparagus. The presentation was creative. My husband's steak was also delicious and the mashed potatoes were amazing. We got our drinks in a reasonable time, but it took a while to get the salad and a very long time for entrees. The food was so good, I am not complaining, just saying, be patient. They have a gelato bar, so we all picked a different flavor for dessert. It was delicious! The roasted almond was the best. One problem on the patio was flies. We were badly harassed by a swarm of flies through the whole meal. It seems like they could do something to deter the flies, ie citronella candles or screen in the patio. The staff ignored the mass of flies on our table and did not clear any plates, which might have helped. We were constantly waving at them and I had to put a napkin over my son's plate so he could eat. Despite this, we really enjoyed the food.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we walked in, we were immediatly seated and soon after our server, Dalton, came to the table. He was all smiles and very welcoming. Our food was at the table in no more than 10 minutes and it was excellent! Dalton checked on us several times to make sure everything was alright and never let our drinks get below half full! Thank you for the great experience! I will definitely be taking my my family back!!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant while visiting the Caverns. There aren't many decent food options in Carlsbad other than big chain restaurants and burger places. They had delicious salmon ceasar salad and a musician singing/playing guitar on the patio. Kinda pricey but made the evening really wonderful.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we went in, we were seated right away. Very soon after our server, Dalton, came to the table. He was all smiles and made us feel very welcome. He took our drink and food orders and put them in the system right away. Not even 10 minutes later, our food was out. It was very delicious and well prepared. As we ate, Dalton came and checked on us several times to ask if we need anything and never let our drinks get less than half full! Everything was perfect from the food to the overall service! Thank you for the amazing experience! Will definitely be taking my family back again!!