“A Carlsbad Gem”

YellowBrix Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: YellowBrix is a bistro style lunch and dinner venue. Our lunch and dinner menus are both available during all hours of operation,11am-9pm Sun.-Thurs. And 11am-10pm on Fri.&Sat. The menu consists of salads, sandwiches, pastas, and many steak and seafood options from the grill including a 24 oz. Cowboy ribeye. Our signature sauce selections are great compliments to our steaks! Upon request, our chef will "whip up" alternatives for the vegetarian and vegan guest.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Ate here after a disappointing lunch at No Whiner Diner (didn't want to whine so we left instead). Had drinks, salad, & gelato at Yellow Brix. It was wonderful - the salad was alive, exciting, delicious. The gelato is not to be missed (we tried coconut almond fudge, triple chocolate, and kahlua tiramisu - the kahlua tiramisu was spectacular). After the grim "less-than-basic" at lunch this was perfect. Plus, my son got to run around the courtyard and wear himself out.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

OK, so we had done a 5k Obstacle course in Albuquerque and drove the 5 hours to Carlsbad. We were starving and knew that things close early, so we pulled into YellowBrix before we even went to our hotel. Our food was all really good, even though my steak initially came out WAY overdone. I hate complaining at restaurants, as it's the field that I work in, but Medium Rare and Medium Well are nowhere near interchangeable. Ashley took my steak back and had them make a new one, since you can't really "uncook" a steak. She congratulated us on our race, made sure and got our beers to us quickly, and was just fantastic during our whole stay. Also, an added bonus, we had 2 beers, an appetizer, a soup, a salad, two entrees, and two desserts, and our bill was under $95!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

After reading the positive and negative reviews on this restaurant, we decided to "give it a go". We experienced the good and the bad - all at the same dinner. My group of four were seated and the hostess brought us napkins and then piled up the silverware in a single pile in the center of the table, for us to sort through. Had we stumbled into a "Sizzler", and hadn't realized it?

After about 10 minutes our waitress arrived and asked for our drink orders. Our drinks arrived promptly but she seemed to disappear. We finished our drinks before she came around to take our dinner order. The entrees, the soups and the salads were quite good, and we enjoyed them. And, 3 out of 4 meals arrived hot.

Overall, this restaurant has potential but must work on its service and food timing or it should be avoided.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Steaks were overaged, grainy, and mealy. My filet was overcooked, but the real story is how it was handled when I sent it back. I had asked for medium rare, but it came out medium. The server took it back to the kitchen then returned with it to tell me I was wrong about it being overdone. He said that when my steak was observed by the lighting in the kitchen, it was indeed medium rare. Well, we were seated by a window with plenty of natural light and the steak was clearly gray throughout. So he took it back again. While waiting for a new steak, a very disheveled looking manager paraded my overdone steak back to me yet again!! She demonstrated to me again that I was wrong about it being overdone, holding it at different angles, but said another steak was being prepared or me. It was as if she had to have the last word. We dine out several times a week and have never seen a complaint handled so incompetently (and insultingly!). This restaurant is not worthy of the rating it has regarding the food, value, or the overall dining experience! Don't bother!

1  Thank Seaside70
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Sent here on a Sunday when some things were closed. Went back again two days later. A Moore interesting. Menu and wine list than expected, first-rate chef. Great waitstaff, casual, quite atmosphere

1  Thank piotzar