“Worst Denny's ever”

Ranked #52 of 72 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
“Worst Denny's ever”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were seated right away, but waited 45 minutes for sub par Denny's breakfast. The food was only lukewarm so it obviously sat in the window awhile. There were at least 10 waitresses working, so I don't understand why that happened. The restaurant was very dirty and there were a lot of flies. I will not be going back again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kgprock

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Greasy, dirty place”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was terrible. I hadn't been to a Denny's in years; maybe they're all like that, I don't know. We wanted to eat b'fast at IHOP but the wait was too long. This place was dirty and the food was greasy. Coffee was good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mjo_traveler
Ruidoso
“I wouldn't ever eat there again”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The service is terrible the food is bad and the place isn't very nice. I still think it is better than the denny's in ruidoso but that isn't saying much I would rather go hungry than eat at this place. It seems like it's more of a hang out for people on drugs than a family restaurant.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ryon D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible, disgusting poor service”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow what can I say? This place is horrible! We were on a family trip to the Caverns and staying at the holiday inn express. On our way out back home , we stopped at the McDonald's drive thru but it took 15 minutes for 2 cars in front of us to move so we ended up leaving. Our kids were hungry and my 1 year old was fussy so we decided it might be a good idea to stop in and have a meal sitting down. We passed Denny's since its a well known chain we thought it should be safe not that we have high expectations after all it is Denny's but come on. Big mistake!! We walked in and I noticed the body odor smell that overpowered the old run down place right away. I should of turned around at this point. But my family was hungry so we waited and were seated, about 10 minutes later the waitress came over and brought us all menus. And just ran off. About 5 minutes later she came back and we asked for a high Chair and kids menus geez. What's up with that? I mean we obviously had kids so should of been offered all of this. Anyway she took our drink order and then about 10 minutes later we put in our food order after this we waited about 20 minutes and still no drinks! I heard the manager yelling at the bus boy to get off his lazy butt and help them because our table had been sitting with no drinks for a long time... wow how unprofessional. So anyway the food finally came 35 minutes later and I could tell just by looking at it, it was disgusting. I ordered the French toast slam the toast was still raw in the middle and soggy I didn't eat mine and the eggs were still raw. No silverware at this point. So we sat there with our food in front of us for another 5 minutes not wanting to be rude, finally my husband got up and went to get us silverware himself. I ordered Mac and cheese for my baby and I was amazed that they would even consider bringing that plate out. It was dry overcooked and looked old. I did not feed my son one bite! My husbands food was cold and even the pancakes tasted old and rancid. Not to mention how the people there were all staring at us the whole time it was a very unpleasant uncomfortable experience. But the worst was the service and the disgusting food! We are professional business people and I can't imagine how this place is still in business. We paid the $45 bill which was not worth even the $5 tip we left. I never in my life have left such a low tip. But this place was just so backwards. Needs new management and a better staff and # 1 a cook who actually knows how to cook!!!

1 Thank Solitude01
“Worst dinning experience EVER!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We visited this Dennys on Sat the 28th about 4pm. There were 6 of us. Upon arrival, we were seated in a booth that was oddly shaped and in the back of the restaurant. The place didn't have many patrons so it seemed odd that they would stick us in such a location. They did not lower the blinds and the sun was right in our eyes. We lowered them.
The waitress took our order. My 10yr olds pancakes came first, with no butter or syrup or silverware. Then my salad, no silverware, then my mothers pancakes, no silverware. My daughter STILL could not eat after all this because of the syrup situation. My dad got his food, this time with silverware for all but still no syrup. Dads food looked horrible. His pancakes were cold like they came out of the fridge........???? His sunny side up eggs were not cooked hardly at all. Egg white was all over the plate. The waitress apologized and said she didnt even know what a sunny side up egg was. I guess the cook didn't know either..... Hash browns cold. My other daughter recieved her food but could not eat because all the ketchup bottles were empty. We had to ask the waitress for one from the back. She apologized again and stated that she had been there alone since 9am and the reason we didn't have silverware was the table that we were seated at is the employees break table!! I'm not sure if I really cared at this point. I finnaly got my steak.......well done and grey!!! I ordered it med rare. Hash browns cold. I didn't eat a thing, not one bite. When my parents had to share a glass of water because the waitress never came by to fill them, THAT WAS IT!!! I marched around the room looking for a pitcher of water myself!! I wanted the manager NOW!!
The manager said her waitress was lying about being alone all day. Then the MANAGER stated she wished she had never accepted this location and how she cried after 3 days after arriving. I can't believe that she is telling me this!! She offered to cook another steak for me..... I told her that if her cook could send THIS steak out, knowing its bad, and not knowing how to cook an egg, he is NOT cooking me a thing!!! He probably lied on his app for the job.
I can't think of ONE thing that was positive about this place.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!