Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
$120
$489
$389
$414
All reviewsfront desk staffrooms are nicewasher and dryerwould stay here againfresh cookiesother hotelsfitness roomin townwafflesoil gassanta febreakfast staffguadalupe mountains national parkdecent hotelfree breakfastoil field workersclean hotel
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The rooms on the front of the hotel have excessive road noise for a hotel of this price range. US 180/285 is a busy highway and the road noise is loud. I was surprised by the amount of noise even from a passenger vehicle (car) that I could hear in the room. The traffic was fairly constant until midnight and then started up again at 5:30a. I thought that a hotel of this quality would have better noise insulation. If you stay in this hotel and are bothered by road noise, then you should request a room on the back side.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I am sorry that the road noise bothered you. I am also a light sleeper and understand completely.
I thing I have learned that when I get any noise at all I turn on the AC fan and it will normally help and be sure to turn it on full time so it won't cycle on you.
Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

As a "road toad" who has extended stays for oil and gas project work, having a safe, clean, and conveniently located hotel is paramount. Add to that one needs good service. I have had all of this and more at this property. James Miller, the General Manager, runs a great operation here.

Since Carlsbad is in the midst of an oil boom and the demand for rooms outstrips supply, the room rates are high across the board and I know for the tourists traveling through wanting a good hotel close to the Carlsbad Caverns, it's a bit of a sticker shock to see the rates for stays at any of the national chains as have locations in Carlsbad. I think some tourists may think the hotel industry is targeting them but for those who are coming through and know the energy boom that is ongoing here and will be for a long time to come, they get it. It's not the tourists being singled out, it's a business decision that the hotels can charge the traveling business people what they do while the demand is so high.

But, relative to its class, the Fairfield Inn is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than another national hotel chain franchise in view of the Fairfield, and much better located for extended stays than the Holiday Inn that is located far out on the end of town by the hospital. There's a Super Walmart within 150 yards, a Chilis restaurant within 250 yards, Subway within steps, and an IHOP within steps.

I couldn't think of any hotel better in this community to stay at for an extended business stay. And, I have stayed at others in years past to be able to make the comparison, on quality of stay, facilities, and price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Howie G

Thank You so much for your kind words about our property. We enjoyed having you and your students and look forward to you coming again.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel was the last hotel we stayed at after an 8 day road trip. It was the best hotel we stayed in. The rooms were clean, breakfast was good, and we got a great nights sleep. The hotel is expensive but to us it was worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Glaciermaddison

I'm sorry about getting back with you. We thank you for staying with us and very glad to see you had a good time. It is easy to get complaints but for someone that took the time to say Great things about our property I Thank You Again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. It was expensive, so we used my marriott points. The room was quite nice and large, more than we were able to utilize. The hot tub was nice and warm on the cold night of October. Breakfast was filling and nice. The hotel staff was nice. Should I ever pass through Carlsbad, NM, again, I will only choose the Fairfield Inn.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hsphoser36
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The look of the Hotel is amazing but getting down to the real reason we stay in Hotels. My room smelled like Marijuana and had front desk come to smell and of course they could not smell the overwhelming smell of whatever it was coming from it. The room is extremely small and just did not feel roomy nor comfortable. I am just going to stop here many more problems and I have not even made it through the night on first visit. I only booked here because they were least expensive between Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and Fairfield.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Justin H
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank You for your review and I certainly understand why you won't stay with us again.