“Wonderful stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had seen some negative reviews that concerned me a bit, but the issues were not present during our stay. Our room was clean and up to Fairfield standards. All employees were very nice and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. AC worked well. Breakfast the next morning was nice and there was a good variety for continental breakfast. (I eat gluten free, so finding food is a huge pain for me.) We stayed here while going to visit the caverns and had a positive experience. I would stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Seven7777
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I'm glad you had a good time in Carlsbad and especially here at our property. Thank You so much for your nice comments and I hope you come back the next time your in our area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I traveled with our oldest son and his two sons to visit Carlsbad Caverns. I had read a review on this site that was not favorable. Our experience waa the opposite. We reserved a suite that allowed all five of us to stay in one room with two queens and a sofa bed. All the staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were standard fare but the lady in charge of breakfast was friendly and kept the tables clean. The hotel was quiet and is located near restaurants and Walmart. I would rcommend the Fairfield to anyone staying in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: Our room was a handicap suite. I don't know if that is why the bathroom was extra large or not...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank You for your kind words about our property and my team. We try every day to make our guests feel welcome and home away from home.
Thank You again and hope you come and see us again!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Nice, and clean. Conveniently located to town and Carlsbad Caverns. As others have noted, way overpriced because of the oil and gas boom, however by using our Marriott points we found this to be a great value as it is on the lowest rung of points needed.

Very very frustrating to never have anyone at the front desk, they are always in a back room...doing? From a professional angle as well,as a safety issue, I believe there should be visibility at the desk and not have guests standing there saying hello... Hello.

Would stay again but only on points or if the rates dropped, at this point they are charging what the market will handle and I understand, but it is a bit much for a Fairfield .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TexasKrysia
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank You for your response and input about our front desk. My guests become a second pair of eyes and lets me know what I can improve on.
Thank You Again for staying with us!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. We found our room to be in one of the worst locations, across the hall from the Elevator and Ice Machine, and above the Pool and smokers fire ring. I asked to be moved to another room, the hotel was booked solid (Memorial day weekend, yup). They did offer to move me to another room the next day. Well as I turns out, this hotel has good sound dampening. We never heard the elevator, the very noisy ice machine, or the people outside while in the room. We decided to stay in the room for the rest of our stay. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The only complaint, is the rooms are a little small, but I have spent more money for less room.

The hotel is in a decent location. It is located near the end of Carlsbad, headed toward the caverns.

The breakfast was fair, a few hot items, pastries fruits etc. Enough selection to fill you up.

The staff is very friendly and accomadating.

I would certainly recommend staying here, and will stay here again if I ever find my way back to Carlsbad.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rednecktravelin123
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I would like to Thank You so much for letting people know just what you thought of our property. We continue to strive to make our guest as welcome as we can.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As others have mentioned, pricing is above what you would expect at most Fairfield Inns around the country, but the premium is justified by availability of hotels in the area and the demand for available rooms due to Oil & Gas Industry demand (reason for my visit as well).

The hotel is fairly new, very clean and provided for a pleasant, albeit brief stay. Would say it's probably one of the nicer places to stay in Carlsbad.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NEFAST
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank You for responding with Trip Advisor about your stay with us. We always want to see how we have done to make your stay a good one.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Not sure why hotel rooms are so pricey in Carlsbad. There were few visitors to the Caverns this time of year. From the number of energy company trucks outside, perhaps it's the oil/gas boom. We had a satisfactory room, but at too great a price. Location is on the south side of Carlsbad, so is convenient to the park.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaydee46
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for sending a review about our property. Yes the rate is due to an Oil Boom that is going on in Carlsbad. There are even higher rates at some other hotels.
Thank You Again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After a long day's drive it was great to have such a nice clean comfy place to stay. The room was very clean & the beds were great. Nice selection of pillows on each bed, nice bathroon amenities, good towels, etc. Prices in Carlsbad are higher than usual, so I'm glad the hotel's standards are high so you feel ok about the price. Front desk staff very nice & friendly, with helpful dinner suggestions. I think this is the best place to stay in Carlsbad!

Room Tip: Stay on the south & west side of the hotel for a quieter room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

We are so glad you had a good time with us. Our team works had to continue to give Great Service and it sounds like it paid off.