“Stay here! So clean!!”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Antonio, Texas
“Stay here! So clean!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. I am a clean freak with two kids under 5 and was very comfortable with the baby toddling around the room. The oil boom has inflated hotel rates and squeezed availability, but that's not the hotel's fault. Staff was friendly and helpful. Stay here!

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank You so very much for your kind remarks about our hotel and staff. I will let our know what you said and please come back again when your ever this way.

James Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Austin TX
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on our way to a NM mountains ski trip. When leaving, I inadvertently left my daughter's iPad in the room. We did not realize it until 7 hours later in Santa Fe. We immediately called and they confirmed they had the iPad. They were so helpful in getting it shipped to a family member back in TX. They took it to the shipping vendor, ensured packing was sufficient and communicated with me every step. I so appreciate their integrity and commitment to service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank You sir for your nice words. My staff works very hard to take care of our customers.
Please remember us the next time your in Carlsbad.

James Miller
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

If this hotel where $100 cheaper, it would be perfect. But I paid $180 for an average room with terrible breakfast and nothing to justify the cost. Stay somewhere else! Even the TV service was underwhelming. I'm not sure why it is rated so high on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank DigantK
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is well appointed, up to date, and comfortable.

The breakfast was a step below other 2.5 and 3 star hotels. Think 'eating breakfast at a convenience store' and you will get the idea. There is a small 'dorm size' refrigerator that is stocked with pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches (Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg & Cheese Bisquit; Jimmy Dean Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant; Omelet in a Pita) and some single serving fruit cups. While these are okay in a pinch, it was not your typical hotel continental breakfast. Essentially everyone was waiting in line for the microwave.

They also had some cereal, breads, and juice, to round out the offerings.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Spent one-night stay recently with family members while visiting sights and family in the area. Quick, friendly check in, we were also provided with a 'thank-you' gift bag of cookies and water. Room was reasonable in size, but with two doubles and a pull-out couch it became pretty tight with four people sleeping. Bathroom was generous size likely due to being an accessible room. Bedding, carpets, hard surfaces and bathroom were very clean.

I noticed considerable wind noise coming through at either the in-wall HVAC unit, or the window, could not determine which it was. Carlsbad does get windy, but this creating a high pitched whiste that lasted all night.

Was somewhat disappointed in included breakfast offerings. Have stayed at numerous Fairfield Inns, and have always enjoyed fresh fruit and hot oatmeal. Unfortunately, neither was offered in Carlsbad during my stay, so choices were limited to bagels/muffins, yogurt, and microwave breakfast sandwiches. Coffee was good.

Location is close to downtown Carlsbad, Pecos River, and the Caverns. Plenty of free parking.

Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed in Las Cruces, Carlsbad and El Paso in my trip and Carlsbad had my worst and most expensive hotel. The Ramada is El Paso was better and over half the cost. For the cost, they should have a better breakfast and better rooms.

Room Tip: Might be better to try one of the private non-chain hotels to save money and get just as good of a n...
2 Thank Josh W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 17, 2012

At check in, the front desk lady quickly checked me in without telling me anything about the hotel. I didn't know when breakfast would be served, if there was free wifi... Etc. No smile on her face, not even a welcome greeting. She seemed like she didn't want to be there.
In my room, the top sheet on my bed had blood stains. I called the front desk to have it removed, no one came. I just threw the sheet on the floor and ignored it.
In the morning before I left for my activities, I told the front desk that I would not like my room to be cleaned. I got back 5 hours later to find it had been cleaned... AND they put the dirty top sheet with blood stains back on the bed! I was too annoyed at this point to call the desk so I once again threw the sheet on the floor.
The next morning, (my last morning) I got a knock on the my door and received my receipt. The person who gave me the receipt gave me a receipt to the wrong room...
Overall, the front desk staff and housekeeping needs to pay attention a little bit more. The stay would've been great, if those things didn't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2012