“Good place near Carlsbad cavern”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Round Rock, Texas
“Good place near Carlsbad cavern”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. My daughter enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool right after we arrived. The room was clean and brand new. The only drawback about this hotel was the complimentary breakfast; well, what can I say, it was free after all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank You for staying with us here in Carlsbad, NM Our staff works very hard to keep the hotel looking new and fresh and it makes us very happy when we've made a another guest feel that way..

James Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Our first impression was positive. Love the bright colors and inviting lobby. Price was a little high, but it is a tourist area with few good lodging establishments. We were in an end room by the door and stairway, but we slept well - the door banging ended early and we were tired. I'd have to say the breakfast left a bit to be desired, but it satisfied once we discovered all that was available - it wasn't easy to discover that two coolers filled with breakfast choices were part of the complimentary breakfast.
Everything was tolerable until I reported that both my husband, and myself, found the tub to be extremely slippery. The hand rail was in the front of the tub, one would have to stand directly under the shower to make use of it; I tossed a washcloth in the tub to stop from slipping. I was told that there was a bathmat meant for that purpose - one should place that IN the tub to stop from slipping - really? Where we come from the bathmat is meant to stand on when exiting the tub - I'm afraid the staff was not concerned. Overall that response dropped my rating from a 4 to a 3 - the tub was dangerously slippery.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank newslet
Nashville
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This place still smells new! We had an excellent stay here on our family trip through southern NM. The mattresses were excellent--we had great night's sleep. I had requested extra pillows and boy did they comply! Five for each bed. The front desk gave us good restaurant tips and we loved the ice cream treats available in the lobby. Our room was clean and during our two night stay noise wasn't an issue. Breakfast had a great variety. You are basically in the Wal-Mart parking lot which enabled us to easily get picnic supplies for our trip to the Guadelupe Mountains National Park. The only negatives were there was no refrigerator in the room (which we didn't need anyway) and the in room wi-fi didn't work with my blackberry for some reason. My husband had no problem on his iPhone.

1 Thank Pam L
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank You so much for your Great review of our property and our front desk staff. I personally think we have the Best Staff in Carlsbad and Marriott has a Beautiful property which has my Team excited to come to work. I will pass on this information to my staff Monday.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Thanks to trip advisor reviews we stopped at the Fairfield Inn on our way to visit the Carlsbad Caverns. The whole trip was a pleasant experience starting with our arrival at the Fairfield. We were immediately greeted by a very nice young lady by the name of Jerikka. She was pleasant, efficient and very helpful. I had booked a regular king room and she helped me upgrade to a king suite and then moved us to the back side of the building away from the parking lot. It seemed like every time we stopped by with a question Jerikka was there with a friendly hello.

Then there was the hotel itself. It's pretty new and in very nice condition inside and out. It's on the south side of town in the direction of the caverns. The king suite was very roomy and beautifully decorated in a modern style and colors. The bed king bed was excellent.

If you are traveling through Carlsbad this is the place to stay and if you are coming this way definitely take time to visit Carlsbad Caverns. Allow a few hours to do so, it's well worth the trime.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwkinggaic
Hammond, Indiana
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We just got back from a 3 day stay in Carlsbad. Fairfield was amazing! Rooms were very nice and super clean. Deco was modern. Staff was courteous. Price great. Excellent flat screen tv and tons of channels.Breakfast was small but filling and theres an IHOP right next door if you need more. Rooms were quiet. Beds were wonderful. Outdoor pool was small but heated. Would totally reccomend and will stay there again..... It's the last hotel choice before the caverns and the best as far am I'm concerned.

2 Thank AndreaKaye
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank You so much for your kind words about the property and my staff. As a team we strive to give the Best Possible Service in town and our owners did build a beautiful property with lots of color.
We can't wait to see you again please let me know when your coming back out so I can be sure to Thank You personally.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

booked this hotel for my visit to Carlsbad Cavern National Park. The hotel looked new and clean. The breakfast was really great and the customer service was good too.

My one and only problem was that when I went into the bathroom, I saw the toliet paper (used...and i won't mention the color) in the toliet. I flushed it and, after that, everything didn't seem clean... One side of one bed and pillows had wrikles... and the towels weren't straight... it could be me over reacting.. I told the front desk and they offered me a new room. I just asked for new towels and decided to keep the room... because I already moved all my luggage and didn't have energy to move...after 24 hours of driving...

1 Thank jaeuncool
Thank You very much for staying with us. I was sorry to hear about the bathroom situation, but also glad to see my front desk had offered to change rooms for you. The next time you come to Carlsbad call me ahead of time and I will personally check your room for you.
Again Thank You for staying with us.

michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The hotel very clean ,staff very friendly . There is a Walmart next door to it (walking distance).

1 Thank kabtravel
Jim M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. I hope you having a safe trip heading home. it's guests like yourselves that really give our employee's a smile because we had another happy guest stay with us.