“Very Friendly Place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Very Friendly Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night passing through from our spring break vacation. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, every staff member was very friendly and more than willing to help with whatever you needed. We arrived early and they were very accomadating with our early check-in. Free breakfast was served in the morning. It was very good with a large variety to choose from. If my family and I ever return to Carlsbad, we will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to being your host on future trips to our area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
The Woodlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels in Carlsbad but at $250/night I'm used to being at a resort. Unfortunately, you pay for location, location, location. In order to spend time at Carlsbad Caverns and Guadulupe National Park there are not many options. The hotel is pretty new. Beds were nice with down comforters and the bathrooms were a good size. But we spent 4 nights here and with 2 adults and 2 teenagers it was pretty compact! We enjoyed the big breakfast room downstairs and used the area in the evenings to play games. They also served cookies and coffee after dinner. The breakfast staff was great but I would say the breakfast was average. Eggs were a strange consistency. The oatmeal bar with toppings was the best thing they had.
The pool/hot tub were on the small side but functional. The fitness area was very nice. The hotel was sold out the entire time we were there but didn't feel that way. Besides price our only big complaint was the noise. Insulation between floors is very poor and you could hear people walking above or even walking down the hall. We would not stay here again because of being woken up every night. We did love the location being on the south side of town closer to our day activities.

Room Tip: If you stay here, ask for the 4th floor or try to use points to avoid paying the high costs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests. Our highest priority is the comfort and safety of our guests and I apologize for the level of noise you experienced. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback in order to continually improve our accommodations. The next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us again. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel, but wow idea out expensive. And gol for a caverns package. You get two free adult tickets which are 6.00 each. Although the cost onky added $5.00 to my room rate.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We understand price is a concern, our current pricing in Carlsbad, NM is based on the current market conditions in the city and as those conditions change, our pricing will change accordingly. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is about two years old. Reception area was nice, clean, with very pleasant service. Room was very well done, very clean, exactly what I asked for. Breakfast was Hampton's typical scrambled eggs (fairly dry, as always) and bacon. Plenty of carbs available if that is your preference. The area around hotel was “industrial” but felt perfectly safe.

I stayed here again about 10 days later. Same comments: clean, pleasant, very typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KeldiKlutz
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we appreciate your business. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast items, as we continually try to improve the products offered at Hampton Hotels. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Pocatello, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is brand new and the place sparkles! Loved it. And, the front desk staff is so nice, both shifts. However, I only stayed one night, when I wanted to stay in Carlsbad for 2 nights, due to the $200 outrageous price. However, I've stayed in other Carlsbad hotels, and I can't do the caverns with a lousy night sleep, so I just paid the extra price and drove home after the caverns. It was tough! But, the overall stay experience for those who care more about experience rather than price: this is the hotel in Carlsbad for you!

Room Tip: Don't eat at the Chinese buffet just down the block. Go to Chili's. Trust me on this one! T...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We understand you had a concern with price. Our current pricing is based on the market conditions in Carlsbad and as those conditions change our pricing will change accordingly. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're on a tight budget or want a poor experience, try one of the other less expensive and shabby hotels in town.

But...if you'd like a nice room in a well-maintained property and are willing to pay for quality, this hotel is for you!!!

Staff was wonderful, a great experience from start to finish.

Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Carlsbad!!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We look forward to being your host on future trips to Carlsbad, NM. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is brand new and in Carlsbad, where I have lived much of my life, it is the best by far. You will pay a little more than you would expect from a smaller town, but new hotel and clean rooms, to me, make it worth it. Location is convenient as it is next door to a Wal-Mart which is only superstore in town in case you need something. It is a good place to stay for the Caverns as there is no other place closer that is even close in quality. Also, front desk service is very good and not out to gouge you if you make a mistake. Everytime I go to Carlsbad, this is where I stay.

Room Tip: I would prefer a lower floor as there are only two elevators and they are slower models.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.