“Expensive”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Barbara, California
“Expensive”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice hotel, but wow idea out expensive. And gol for a caverns package. You get two free adult tickets which are 6.00 each. Although the cost onky added $5.00 to my room rate.

• Stayed March 2013
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We understand price is a concern, our current pricing in Carlsbad, NM is based on the current market conditions in the city and as those conditions change, our pricing will change accordingly. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is about two years old. Reception area was nice, clean, with very pleasant service. Room was very well done, very clean, exactly what I asked for. Breakfast was Hampton's typical scrambled eggs (fairly dry, as always) and bacon. Plenty of carbs available if that is your preference. The area around hotel was “industrial” but felt perfectly safe.

I stayed here again about 10 days later. Same comments: clean, pleasant, very typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KeldiKlutz
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we appreciate your business. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast items, as we continually try to improve the products offered at Hampton Hotels. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Pocatello, Idaho, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is brand new and the place sparkles! Loved it. And, the front desk staff is so nice, both shifts. However, I only stayed one night, when I wanted to stay in Carlsbad for 2 nights, due to the $200 outrageous price. However, I've stayed in other Carlsbad hotels, and I can't do the caverns with a lousy night sleep, so I just paid the extra price and drove home after the caverns. It was tough! But, the overall stay experience for those who care more about experience rather than price: this is the hotel in Carlsbad for you!

Room Tip: Don't eat at the Chinese buffet just down the block. Go to Chili's. Trust me on this one! T...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We understand you had a concern with price. Our current pricing is based on the market conditions in Carlsbad and as those conditions change our pricing will change accordingly. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

If you're on a tight budget or want a poor experience, try one of the other less expensive and shabby hotels in town.

But...if you'd like a nice room in a well-maintained property and are willing to pay for quality, this hotel is for you!!!

Staff was wonderful, a great experience from start to finish.

Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Carlsbad!!

• Stayed February 2013
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We look forward to being your host on future trips to Carlsbad, NM. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is brand new and in Carlsbad, where I have lived much of my life, it is the best by far. You will pay a little more than you would expect from a smaller town, but new hotel and clean rooms, to me, make it worth it. Location is convenient as it is next door to a Wal-Mart which is only superstore in town in case you need something. It is a good place to stay for the Caverns as there is no other place closer that is even close in quality. Also, front desk service is very good and not out to gouge you if you make a mistake. Everytime I go to Carlsbad, this is where I stay.

Room Tip: I would prefer a lower floor as there are only two elevators and they are slower models.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night so that we could visit the caverns the next morning and head on our way. This hotel seemed the best of a limited set of choices in Carlsbad based on the reviews online.

The staff was very very friendly and helpful. We had a courteous and smooth checkin, and later when we wanted to get some restaurant suggestions the staff at the desk made several suggestions. The waitstaff in the breakfast area was super friendly and repeatedly offered to bring some of our food to the table (although it was set up as self serve).

The rooms are relatively new with decent furniture. Everything was super clean. The bathrooms were well equipped and functional. About the only thing I found out of place was that the coffee maker had been placed in the bathroom instead of the bedroom. The beds were nice with fresh sheets and pillows.

We had breakfast the next morning. As noted above - the staff was running around keeping everything stocked and served us a hot omlette. There was a good selection of self-serve items and everything was fresh and clean.

The hotel is located right next to a Walmart that's open 24x7. Within a 5 minute drive there are several dining choices.

Overall this was a very good hotel to stay in. The price per night was more San Francisco than Carlsbad - but we knew that up front. It seems that hotel rooms in Carlsbad are in high demand due to the energy boom in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Hampton Inns On the Run Hot breakfast and our staff were able to make your stay with us a memorable one. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.
Abilene, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were taking a trip into Carlsbad to see the caverns. I like to find a good deal for hotels, so the cost of the Hampton was a bit more than I like to pay. However, after reading other reviews I decided that we would go ahead and book with the Hampton. The service and kindness of the front desk and the employee in the breakfast area was exceptional. They were helpful, kind and went out of their way to make our experience with them a great one. I would definitely stay here again. The beds and pillows at the Hampton's are always the best, and the breakfast that is included with the room was delicious!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy M
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We understand you had a concern with the price at our location. Due to current market conditions in Carlsbad, hotel prices are much higher than most other Hampton Hotels. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.