Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Stagecoach Inn(Carlsbad)
Stevens Inn(Carlsbad)
Econo Lodge(Carlsbad)
View Hotel
All reviewscar washchili's restaurantgas stationcookiesroom was cleanenjoyable stayin townnice hotelabove averagechillifamily tripconvenient locationfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulplace to stayfront desk clerkfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel seems to be pretty new which makes him above average Hampton Inn. I have already experienced larger rooms in Hampton Inn but the size of the room was decent, the room and hotel public areas were very clean and everything in the room was in a good working condition. Internet access is worth mentioning because compared with many other Hampton Inns it provides very good bandwidth both downlink and uplink) and there is both wired and wireless access in the room.
The breakfast is typical for Hampton Inns ... I would not say exceptional but still very good.
All in all I can recommend it as a place to stay when visiting Carlsbad Caverns or Gaudalupe Mountains national parks.
There may be cheaper hotels in Carlsbad but I think Hampton Inn is a good value when I take into consideration the rates they charge and the quality of accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding the hotel. Our corporate team is working on updating and improving the breakfast and once these changes and new products come available to us, we will make the change. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in mid June when we were visiting the Caverns. This is probably the nicest hotel in town. I do think it was somewhat expensive for the area though. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Just about everyone knew your name when you came into the lobby, including the girls who worked in the breakfast room. Breakfast was nice with a large variety of food and drink. A nice extra touch was the little boxes of breath mints for the guests. There is also a coin operated laundry room for the guests (loved that). If you don't mind spending the extra money, I suggest you stay at this hotel. I do wish there was more for the traveler to do in town though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your business. Thank you for all the kind words regarding our staff and hotel. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We recently finished a 15 night 13 hotel trip. Seven nights were spent at Hampton Inns one of which was at Carlsbad.

The hotel is pretty new and up to date. Our room was fairly large and had a fridge. Most of the Hamptons had a fridge but not all. (A couple of Hiltons we stayed at did not have fridges either.) The staff was great.

I only had a couple of issues. The biggest was the price. It is an above average Hampton in a smaller city. I have seen higher priced ones at beaches and in major cities. It just seem the market is high so value is dragging my rating down by a point.

The second issue I had is that our room only had sheers that closed all of the way. We were in a Western facing room in the middle of July. I could read a book in my bed with the light coming through the window. It was not conducive to sleeping in on one of the few days we had that scheduled.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hootch62
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and all the kind words regarding our staff and hotel. We understand price was one of your concerns while you were in Carlsbad, NM. Our pricing strategy is based on current market conditions in the area and as market conditions change our pricing will change accordingly. All rooms come equipped with black out panels which are located behind the sheers. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Loved that it had an empty refridgerator and microwave. They only thing I didn't like was the price of the room. Loved the turkey sausage and western omelets for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. We understand your concern for price in Carlsbad, NM, as it is higher than most other areas. Our current pricing is based on current market conditions in Carlsbad, NM and as market conditions change our pricing will change accordingly. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Enjoyed everything about this hotel. Rooms were large with a sitting area and wet bar area. The hotel was extremely clean and had nice linens. Breakfast was good and everyone that worked there was helpful and extremely nice.

• Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. Thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.