Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Travelocity
$241
$329
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewscar washchili's restaurantgas stationcookiesroom was cleanenjoyable stayin townnice hotelabove averagechillifamily tripconvenient locationfree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulplace to stayfront desk clerkfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was so impressed when I saw the sign in our room that says they wash the duvet for every guest. Everything was sparkling clean. I felt like I was in a 5-star hotel. The room was lovely and the staff was very nice. They have a very beautiful breakfast room -- it should be a bar/restaurant. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TwoFourTheRoad
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the kind words and are pleased to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We appreciate your business and look forward to being your host on future trips to our area. Please contact me if you have have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay at 575.725.5700.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I've been working in Carlsbad for the past month, and have been staying mostly at the Hampton Inn. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast is pretty good too. There aren't really many choices of places to stay in Carlsbad, but this is probably one of the better ones. The one thing to be aware of if you stay here but are traveling to the North side of town (away from the Caverns) is there is a lot of nasty road construction going on making the 3 mile trip rather unpleasant, and there are a couple of other choices of places to stay on the other side. But if you are staying here because of the caverns, you're good to go.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank AtlantaRoadWarrior

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all the kind words and are pleased to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We appreciate your business and look forward to being your host on future trips to our area. We hope the road construction will be over soon making travelling within Carlsbad much more pleasant. Please contact me if you have have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay at 575.725.5700.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Booked it for free with Hilton points, so I cannot comment on the value. Very friendly staff, good accomodation, hotel freshly renovated. Free breakfast included.
A good 30 min drive fro the Caverns, but I could not find anything decent closer.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ocp100
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We appreciate your business and look forward to being your host on future trips to our area. Please contact me if you have have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay at 575.725.5700.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here while visiting the Caves, which were one of the most amazing things that we saw during our two week drive around New Mexico. The property is located in southern Carlsbad, which is convenient. Our trip was originally supposed to be for one week, but we extended a second, so that we weren't rushing from city to city. I appreciated the Walmart right next door to pick-up some things that we needed and also really appreciated the laundry facilities located on each floor. For $5, including detergent, bounce and the washer and dryer, I was able to launder a large load of clothes. The room was oversized, the parking amble. We had a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen t.v. and a nice-sized bathroom. They had free Internet and a large desk. I also used the business center to print some documents from work. The free breakfast was quite good and included hot choices, like oatmeal, a do it yourself waffle station, a few egg selections, which differed each day and bacon or sausage. And if you didn't have time for breakfast, they had brown bags, which included fruit, a muffin, water, etc. that you could pick-up on your way out. They had coffee/tea/hot cocoa in the lobby and a number of guests hung out in the dining area in the day and evening watching t.v. and chatting. It had a great ambience, in spite of not having a restaurant or bar. The staff were very friendly. Chilis is walking distance, about 50 yards, and a good place for a cocktail and a sandwich after the long drive down. The property is only about a year old and very nicely decorated. They have an indoor pool, which does not seem very common in New Mexico, and a fitness center. I did notice that the walls are a bit thin though when a couple of kids were running up and down the hallway on the first morning, but it wasn't too early and they weren't there for too long. Also, I am pretty sure that the room did not have a safe. I really like them so that I can leave a couple of credit cards, keys, an i.d., travel documents, etc. in case I ever lose my purse. Very enjoyable stay. If my travels ever took me to Carlsbad again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the hotel, which is the street/highway side, but since the hotel is a bit set back from the street, we didn't hear the traffic. The rooms are not pitch black even with the blinds closed, as the parking area surrounds the hotel and is well lit at night.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KendritayPie
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for your recent stay with us. As General Manager, I do appreciate hearing from our customers as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions, concerns or comments regarding your stay at 575-725-5700. Again, I thank you for your feedback and allowing us to serve as your host while in the Carlsbad area. As always, we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We chose this hotel as a convenient place to stay when visiting Carlsbad Caves. Although we found it difficult to find the hotel (post code was not recognised on Sat Nav) once we'd located it, we weren't disappointed. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and when they learned we were planning to visit Carlsbad Caves, gave us some very useful literature to read up on before our planned visit. Our room was spacious, clean and well equipped. There is free parking on site and a good buffet style breakfast is included in the room rate. A very friendly member of staff in the breakfast lounge greeted us each morning and even remembered what we'd had for breakfast the previous day! This is a great location if you are visiting Carlsbad Caves and there are quite a few good restaurants in the area. As for Carlsbad Caves - I've never seen anything so awesomely stunning !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ahowe10
hamptoncnmnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011