“Good food, good service”
Review of Stock Exchange Steakhouse - CLOSED

Stock Exchange Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Victoria, Texas
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were a group of 6 weary travelers, they seated us very quickly. Good atmosphere, good food (I had their special steak), very attentive waitstaff.

Visited May 2013

Houston, Texas
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

While staying in the Carlsbad area, I was excited to try The Stock Exchange Steakhouse. I had driven from Houston, Texas and was ready to eat a great steak. I ordered the 12oz. House Steak with Green Chili Cheese Grits and Grilled Zucchini and Squash, as sides. The steak, a sirloin, was charred well and was flavorful; however, I ordered my steak "rare." Had it been cooked any more it would have been dry and tough. The grits were flavorful, but a little strange as a side dish for a steak dinner.

The wait staff was very friendly, and the head chef, Chris, introduce himself to me. The restaurant seemed a bit dingy to me and looked like it could use a good cleaning. The dining experience was good, but not great. I am not sure I will eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank joelikes2travel
“Adding this place to my "top 5 best" list!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently came here for dinner with one companion. We did have to wait a bit to be seated but that was excuseable considering how packed the place was. Once we were seated, everything was wonderful. Our glasses were never empty and I never had to look for my server. She was always available. I had a salad while my partner had a steak. Both were fantastic. We would reccomend this place over any of the so called "fancy" places in the immideate vicinity of this restaurant. Only complaint is the parking. It's very awkward.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great customer service & good food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our server was attentive but not intrusive, which is always nice. The food was very good although not to the level of The Trinity Hotel. Salads and bread were excellent. Entrees were pretty good & we enjoyed them but they were not as creative as we would have liked. However, we were happy with our meal and would not discourage anyone from trying it.

Visited May 2013
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was about 3/4 full. Upon walking in, the person who appeared to be the hostess said she was going to set up a table for our party of two, then disappeared. Five minutes later we were still waiting. Two other servers stopped by and asked if we had been helped, then said they would get a table set up "in a minute." However, 15 minutes later we were still waiting, and although the staff frequently walked by the waiting area, they refused to make any eye contact or acknowledge the 15+ people waiting to be seated. A party behind us had reservations, but were unable to be seated due to the lack of host/hostess. After 20 minutes without anyone coming by to check in, we decided to leave, as did several other parties. It is quite astounding that a restaurant of this caliber does not have a designated host/hostess to greet potential clients.

• Visited May 2013