“Truly exceptional!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was exquisite, presentation compelling, and price competitive. We had a fabulous meal with family and appreciated the timely but unhurried service. The flavors were regional (lots of use of green chiles) yet the menu had a wide range of choices. Truly one of the best meals we've eaten. (Disclaimer: We had walked into the Carlsbad Caverns earlier in the day and we also *very* hungry!)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is our top pick in Carlsbad. The staff is great. The service is great. The food is superb and the wine is real!! not a New Mexico wannabe. You have to know the story behind that comment!! I wish we had a steakhouse in Maine like this one. The owner stopped by our table to ask how we were doing...We like it when an owner does that...it's a genuine expression of thanks.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant was the absolutely best part of our 5 New Mexico City trip! The four of us in my family all loved it, which is rare for my picky 13-year old. The service was crisp and quick, but they never failed to make you feel at home. The place is set in an old building downtown (Old City Hall?) with beautiful décor, casual setting, reasonable prices and the unique food was fresh and cooked to perfection. BTW, you HAVE to try the Green Chili Cheese Grits! Put this restaurant on your itinerary when you visit the caverns—you won’t be sorry.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I say that because this place does not look like a restaurant. If I hadn't looked it up on TripAdvisor I would have drove right past without noticing it one bit. If this place was in a bigger city it'd be hard to get in, and a bit more expensive. We waited about 30 minutes for a table, and it was worth it. Service was good. My steak was excellent. My wife's grilled chicken was also very good. Cheesecake = good. My only complaint would be the limited parking available.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stunning presentation of my filet minon, beautiful peach glaze on my husband's pork loin. Impeccable service, honest/loveable owners!!