“Better than any Santa Fe, NM Steakhouse!”
Review of Stock Exchange Steakhouse - CLOSED

Stock Exchange Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Better than any Santa Fe, NM Steakhouse!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stunning presentation of my filet minon, beautiful peach glaze on my husband's pork loin. Impeccable service, honest/loveable owners!!

• Visited March 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“Try the Green Chili Grits!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Wonderful food, very accomodating. My husband and I struglle with restaurants ALWAYS serving us too much food (really frustrating when you are traveling and have no way of taking it with you). For a very small fee, they split the entree for us, and let us pick our own vegetables. Never a fan of grits, I passed on them, even though waitress highly recommended them - my husband is braver, and I'm SO glad he got them! AWESOME!!!! I make them at home now because they are so good! Gotta try this place!

Visited March 2012
Fort Collins
“Amazing - Unique - Accomodating”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The 'Stock Exchange Steakhouse' was one of the best steakhouses I have ever been to; and that's saying a lot since I have eaten at arguably the best steak house in America 'Peter Lugers' in Brooklin, NY.
A small, cozy place with loads of character, started as a catering business and people loved the food so much they opened a restaurant.

We had a large group (12 adults 4 children) with no reservation and it was getting late as we were traveling, yet the owners welcomed us in and set us a table.

The steak house is unique in that they change their menu every month or two to keep things up beat and interesting and also to keep the dishes seasonal.

Not only was the food amazing but the service was impeccable, the kids were taken care of with their food first and the rest of us were kept in drinks and laughter while we waited on our food which came quickly (or at least it seemed that way). It did come quick!

You will not regret dining here! Family

• Visited December 2012
Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating my Husbands Birthday and we had 4 in our party. Everyone was very pleased with the food and service. I had the.House Steak and it was great. 2 others had the steak tips and really enjoyed them. Another one had the duck and it great too. We really like eating here. The staff is always friendly.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great dinner during the Holidays”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Enjoyed dinner here recently as a party of six. We were seated immediately on a reasonably busy night during holiday season. Warm cheddar/jalapeno rolls were quite good. Menu is extensive enough for most diners, specializing in red meats. Our server recommended a table appetizer of their version of poutin, which consisted of medium cut french fries covered with a green chile sauce and topped with melted cheese. Very good flavors but the fries were left soggy, which disappointed me.

Most of our party ordered the steak tips, which all enjoyed. I ordered the elk medallions,which were cooked perfectly and very good. Accompanied by cheddar/jalapeno grits and wild rice, my dinner was better than I expected.

Service was mostly attentive but a bit hurried, our server had another larger party and recommended more than once to order quickly to avoid kitchen delays. Advice appreciated, but we would have preferred to pace ourselves.

Located in downtown Carlsbad, the building is labeled as the Old City Hall and the entrance is on the intersecting side street. Some nice furnishings in the entry hall/hostess area, but the interior is pretty bland otherwise.

• Visited December 2012