“Excellent place in this little town”
Review of Stock Exchange Steakhouse - CLOSED

Stock Exchange Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Simi Valley, CA
“Excellent place in this little town”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Elegant dining in this little town of Carlsbad. We came here because of the great review. The menu seems creative and not the usual fare. The price was attractive also. We ordered the poutine for appetizer, it was huge. Hot, melting cheese, gooey and it had roasted green chile. It was so good. My husband and I ordered the same tenderloin dish, because it sounded the most interesting. It was a little unexpected that it came in cubes in a casserole dish (but I guess I should've known when it says "tips" on the menu). But the chunks were tender and cooked to our liking. The spicing was nicely done, though I think it could be a bit stronger. It came with choice of two sides, and we chose the green chile cheese grits and asparagus. The green chile grits was very good, but I wish there was more chiles in it.

Despite all the pointers from other reviewers, we still got confused when finding this place. The name of the restaurant is not on the building, it's on the small unlit mosaic pole on the curb. The "open" sign wasn't on when we were looking, so we weren't sure. We ended up calling the restaurant and confirming the whereabouts. But the restaurant IS inside the Old City Hall building. So, just go in through the black door.

Service was friendly and attentive. The part owner came to greet us. Very nice ambience. When I say elegant, it by no means stuffy. We came in our jeans and t-shirts after a full day of outing at the caverns. It was a great way to end the awesome day.

• Visited November 2012

Brussels, Belgium
“I wasn't disappointed”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I choose the restaurant after the reviews on this site and I wasn't disappointed at all. Friendly staff, welcome atmosphere and tasty food. So don't hesitate.

Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
“As always Great Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I had the house steak and it was delicious, my husband had the tenderloin tips and said they were great too. The sides were excellent. We always have had great food here.

“Hard to find, but well worth the hunt.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Phenomenal! Every entree we tried was great! The house steak is spicy but wonderful. My wife had the steak tips and could not stop commenting how good they were. Make sure you try the jalapeño grits! Sounds bad but are outstanding. Wonderful beers on tap too! And the desert menu was awesome! Reasonable prices too and the service was awesome. To be fair, we did have to wait for 10 min to meet with the hostess but who cares when your food is this good! Best restaurant in Carlsbad. The owner even makes her rounds greeting every guest.

1 Thank Cornholes13
Highland Beach, Florida
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Make sure you have dinner at the Stock Exchange. Great food and service. The chef does an excellent job. We totally enjoyed the evening.

Visited September 2012