“Loved It!”

The Trinity Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

As guests of the Trinity we ended up eating at their onsite restaurant four times; once for dinner, twice for breakfast, and once for lunch. The menu is not extensive, however, there is likely something to please almost everyone, and the food is all well-prepared. Someone said it seemed a bit like a sports bar, to us more like a bistro, with a very nice bar. We had four different servers and all were efficient, but I must mention Mario as the stand out; very friendly and with superb manners. In this day and age, having good manners must be mentioned.

Guests are offered free coffee and pastry each morning, but we wanted full breakfasts. An adjustment was made to our guest checks and was appreciated. The 1892 (Eggs, ham, hash browns, toast), The Bonnie (French toast), fresh fruit bowl, and coffee were all perfect at breakfast. There was some sort of 'issue' with the scones one morning, and we were each brought a complimentary house special muffin (something orange, and very, very sweet. I had a few bites, but the rest of the breakfast portions were large and filling, so it was too much)

For lunch we tried The Madame (a delicious chicken salad, with pecans, celery, and red grapes--that I've already tried to duplicate at home) and the Lawman (a huge burger, with hot pepper bacon, etc.). For dinner, our picks were Surf and Turf, and Chicken Parmagian (Did I mention that the menu is diverse? (-;)
We found pricing to be affordable for what we received (all amounts are pre-tax and tip, and including drinks for two): Breakfast 1st day--$16, 2nd day--$21; Lunch $23.30; Dinner $69
No complaints at all. I won't take points away from this gem because of atmosphere, I give it a five.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We drove 35 minutes to have eggs Benedict it was totally awesome. My wife asked for an extra portion of holiday sauce and they made to order. This place has awesome food and the staff is amazing.

Janie B, Owner at The Trinity Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and our staff! We truly love serving the public and greatly appreciate all feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Many blessings,
janie balzano

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A very good and varied menu with many choices. They have a good wine list and very reasonable prices. And of course if you are staying at the hotel you are already there!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ordered the Filet Mignon, it was perfect! Sort-of a sports bar atmosphere, but not so noisy that you could easily hear your table-mates without the need to shout. Prices are fair for the quality provided. Staff was above average as well.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had lunch here on our way to Carlsbad Caverns. The dining room looked very contemporary (this is not always the case in such old places) and the menu was fresh and price well ($9 to $12 for a lunch main). I had the black salmon (which isn't black at all) which came with perfectly cooked pasta and a delicious creamy sauce, the kind of dish I am used to from my childhood in Europe. My co-diners had a club sandwich which was fresh and delicious (and far too big) and another one a salad which was also almost too large to eat for one person.
I would want to come back here for dinner if I was in the area again.