“NASTY NASTY NASTY”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
South Texas
“NASTY NASTY NASTY”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

If you are thinking about staying here, rethink your plan, unless filth, mold, trash, and dog poop are your favorite things. It would be better to stay in your car at a rest stop. Toilet seat was broken, water to tank ran all night...ocassionaly would not fill tank. Mold everywhere in the tile grout in the shower. Faucet in sink sprayed water everywhere. Luggage rack broken..pipe fell off and hit me in the arm and foot. Arm chair was gross black with God knows what from previous visitors. Carpet was gross...didn't dare walk in room without shoes. Garbage piled up in walkways by room...parking lot nasty...trash everywhere........along with lots of dog poop. Minimal food choices for breakfast.....ceeal and waffles were stale...no milk for cereal. Pool was not in operation. Does this sound like a place worth paying for?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthTexasNeveragain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have read that this is Carlsbad so get over it! Well I am sorry, I dont know where you live but I will never get used to brain matter soaked into my matteress and blood stained curtains. I will never stay anywhere near here again. I shall shutter each time I even hear the name "Americas Best Value Inn"! YIKES!!!!!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SassyGirl0952

Travelers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Great Bend, Kansas
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The non smoking room I paid $82 reiked of stale cigarettes. Outside, the grounds were covered with cigarrettes and garbage. It was filthy. The clerk was very vague about where to park, so we were confused...but figured it out. Upon entry, there were several rolls of carpet blocking the passage for travelers carrying luggage. While this was inconvienient, it did show promise for the facility. I, however, will never staty there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Out-n-About-Erin
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I notice a LOT of really upset reviews of this hotel. Get real, its Carlsbad, Even the most luxurious place in town is kind of dumpy. I have stayed at the motel 6 and the Stevens Inn in Carlsbad. They are both more expensive. The rooms at the Stevens in are a little nicer, but a lot more expensive. (I'm not going to mention the rooms at the motel 6). If you want a place to sparkle with brand new everything, flat screen TV, chrome shower accents, and a mint on your pillow, then don't go to Carlsbad. If you want clean rooms, comfortable bed, a great bar (116 different tequilas!) free (limited) breakfast, and cheap (great!) dinner, all for under $80 a night, go to Americas Best Value Inn.

(and if you get a room with furniture as bad as the ones in the photos, ask for a different room! I asked the cleaning lady to show me a few different rooms in the morning after I ate, and they were all very clean.)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rankel
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I should have read the other negative reviews before we stayed here. Our room wasn't awful, but it wasn't anything great.

When we first checked in we had to call the hotel from our cellphone before anyone would answer the front desk to check us in. The outside of the hotel was filthy, with trash bags piling up, dirty mattresses stacked in the parking lot, the grassy area by the pool full of beer cans & bottles, and dog crap everywhere.

The free breakfast, which is usually decent at ABV Inns, was beyond disappointing. The stale bagels were accompanied by cream cheese that was left out without refrigeration or even ice under it, there was no fruit of any kind, and the waffle batter was mixed wrong so you had to cook the waffles 2x as long to get it to cook enough to not fall apart when you take it out of the iron.

Another guest said that his toilet clogged during the night, and the replacement room he was offered had a non-working fridge.

Oh, and the swimming pool was drained and dirty.

DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dj_jonnyflash
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The hotel was clean eventhough the room amenities were not great. Only we had one bulb out of 3 working. The microwave was not working, but we didn't need it. The bathroom was old and needs some work. Eventhough it is a good value and the next morning we had a great breakfast with tons of food. Easy check-in and check-out

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed here for two of the longest nights in my life... Would have rather stayed in prison!
1. The exterior of the hotel was covered in regular roaches, German roaches and another species of roach I can not identify. Stink bugs and much much more!
2. The door to our room had a 1 inch gap at the floor.(kind of like a pet door to let the bugs come and go as they please)
3.There was a bloody booger stuck to the inside of the door.
4. Blood stains on the matteress and the curtains.
5. Dead bugs all in the crevices of the carpet and wall(no baseboards)
6. My nephew got bed bug bites.
7. Our neighbors were selling stolen DVDs out of his room.
8. Some Crackhead was peeking in a crack in the window of our room at 3:30 am. I was huddled in disgust when that happened.
am there was so much more but I am trying to get the memory out of my head...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Ilovegnomes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
U.S. Travelers Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Whites City
TownePlace Suites Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites Carlsbad
#4 of 22 in Carlsbad

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!